hi guys
    new on here bought a torch 9800 and the buttons keep becoming non responsive and i have to pull the battery out to reset it. this is no good and im considerig taking the phone back and exchanging it for an ipone as i use to have the 3gs an never had this problem with the iphone. its a shame because i like the torch but this is losing me money as its my business phone .
    any ideas?
    03-10-11 10:49 AM
    Are you sure you're not accidentally hitting the Screen Lock button on top (left side is Lock, right side is Mute)? To tell if it's locked, hit the Back key and you'll get a message that says 'Screen is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock.' The location of that button is a common complaint with this phone.

If that's not the problem, sounds like you may just have a faulty device. Take it back for a replacement before writing it off completely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 10:57 AM
    yer sure is not that as it doesn't display the msg it just wont do anything and have to pull the battery will pop into voda tomorrow and see about an exchange
    03-10-11 11:11 AM
    From a response to another user with a similar problem -- how's your memory card? Just for giggles, pull the memory card out and reboot. I've seen instances of bad cards doing bizarro things to the phone.
    03-10-11 08:22 PM
    Yeah if the card is bad or slow, anything that accesses the card will slow the phone down.
    03-10-11 08:26 PM
    By chance do you have an otter case on the phone?
    03-10-11 11:44 PM
    have an 8gb card from my old satio (piece of crap that was lol) have about 4gb used on it for music and pictures, as for the case i have one of the gel ones but it does not cover the buttons so didn't think that would make a difference.
    thanksfor the reply's guys
    03-11-11 01:11 PM
    Run the device with the card removed for a while. If the lag goes away it was the cause.
    03-11-11 01:13 PM
    Same problem as OP here on both mine and my wife's 9800's. Mine has a memory card and my wife doesnt and we're both still having this issue and can't seem to find a solution to this major problem...Were thinking of leaving BB because of this issue

03-12-11 09:34 PM
    seems to be the memory card that was causing it as since removed seems to be alot better have also removed some of the apps and reduced the screen brightness to help battery life last longer
    03-16-11 06:16 AM
    You might want to try just reformatting the card.
    03-16-11 06:18 AM
    what OS are you running... there are several new carrier updates, as well as leaked OS's... might solve the problem
    03-18-11 10:19 AM
    hi guys
    new on here bought a torch 9800 and the buttons keep becoming non responsive and i have to pull the battery out to reset it. this is no good and im considerig taking the phone back and exchanging it for an ipone as i use to have the 3gs an never had this problem with the iphone. its a shame because i like the torch but this is losing me money as its my business phone .
    any ideas?
    take it back, unless you are willing to install a new OS
    03-18-11 12:10 PM
    If you hold alt and type LGLG on your home screen a log screen will pop up. Click the menu button and clear the log. If the phone starts acting up again bring up the log again (alt LGLG again) and click on each notification. Paying peticular attention to 'warnings'. It may help you find out if an app is messing up the phone. My phone was hanging badly anytime I was doing anything with it, even after a battery pull. Found out google maps had a serious issue even though I had exited the program. Hope this helps.

03-18-11 08:51 PM
    The issue was already figured out.
    03-18-11 09:00 PM
    Not by fredrick. But thanks. Just trying to help

03-18-11 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD