i bought a unlocked torch 9800 and its working with my t mobile sim card but when i plug the cell phone to the blackberry desktop software its telling me that os6 required and it don't gave me the option to install what can i do pleased.
    03-26-11 05:39 PM
    I find Desktop Manager useless for anything other than backups or transferring data from old phone to new phone. Keep an eye here for updated os'es. http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/all...ically-561937/
    And this is how to update. http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-1...ting-system-os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 08:09 PM
    thank you..............
    03-28-11 03:34 AM
    I also have an unlocked 9800, running 6.0.0.246. I downloaded the latest 3 Mobile file (0.0.448) as instructed and ran it. It ran the Desktop software after installation ok but when I connected my Torch it didn't automatically offer to update. There is no longer an Application Loader option but I selected "Update my device" and it told me there are no upgrades, even though the upgrade installation itself launched the BB Desktop software.

I'm using Win 7 and the latest Desktop Software (6.0.1.18) and I did delete vendor.xml.

Any ideas, please?

PS I've now also downloaded the Leaked .450 version from the link above, with exactly the same result!
    PPS The Desktop Software shows just one application - Wireless Music Synch - even though the handheld shows over a dozen. The Desktop software also shows that around 50% of the application space is in use...
    Last edited by Jimj40; 03-28-11 at 05:34 AM.
    03-28-11 04:18 AM
    I used BBSAK to upgrade OS with no problems and Desktop now sees all the apps too!

I thought I should leave the original post above, just in case anyone else needs the info.
    03-28-11 06:13 AM
    You should have just used the loader.exe in the same folder where you deleted the vendor.xml file. You should never use the desktop manager to upgrade an OS. Bout the only thing the desktop manager is good for is backups before the load process.
    03-28-11 06:46 AM
    I bought an unlocked 9800 TORCH a few days ago.. Im using it with my Tmobile SIM card...So far, everything seems to be working fine, the only thing thats driving me CRAZYYYYY, is that i cant find the option to set it to prefer wifi over my network, like the way i was able to, on my bold 9700. Tmobile isnt all that great in my area, but i have wifi at home and at work, and i wanna set it to prefer it over the network, AND I CANT !!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? please reply, or send me a personal message.
    04-05-11 07:26 PM
    The torch is auto set to prefer wifi if connected, no setting needed like on your older bold.
    04-06-11 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD