Hello, I have a blackberry torch 9800 and a couple days ago i reinstalled BBM Music. The reinstallation progress bar loaded all the way to the end, but then my phone restarted on its own, which i found odd because usually AppWorld would ask if you would like to "Restart Now" or "Restart Later". Anyways, my phone got stuck in a rebooting cycle, and i searched the crackberry forums for an answer on how to fix it. I downloaded OS 6.0.0.747 for Blackberry Torch 9800, but installing it is the issue i am having. I downloaded the new OS to my desktop (running Win7), installed it after downloading, and i was prompted to restart my computer for the installation to finish. I restarted my computer, and i went to the AppLoader directory and deleted the Vendor.xml file, and then plugged my blackberry via USB cable to my computer and proceeded to run AppLoader.exe. AppLoader connects to my phone but it doesn't show the 6.0.0.747 files. Instead it shows a list of the applications running on my blackberry right now (Cineplex, Google Maps etc). BTW, the only blackberry programs that are installed on my computer right now are Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1, Blackberry Device Updater 6.0.1.37 and Blackberry Device Software v6.0.0.0 for Blackberry 9800 smartphone v6.0.0.747. I need help installing 6.0.0.747 on my blackberry.
    11-13-12 08:02 PM
    There's more than 1 vendor.xml file. You need to search for them and delete them all.
    11-13-12 08:32 PM
    where do i find them all? i did a universal search on my desktop for vendor.xml and nothing came up....
    11-13-12 09:05 PM
    You need to show hidden files and folders in Windows. There are plenty of threads in here and elsewhere. There are good instructions in the Blackberry Help section at the top of the page. Have a look.
    11-14-12 09:56 AM
    Okay, i went into the apploader folder, and right-clicked and clicked properties, and then i checked "Hidden" which is directly under "Read-Only". and now the apploader folder is now gone...So can someone please tell me how to un-hide the apploader folder and help me with a solution with my problem. I'm just trying to get my blackberry fixed so I can go back to being productive..
    11-14-12 05:57 PM
    Okay, i went into the apploader folder, and right-clicked and clicked properties, and then i checked "Hidden" which is directly under "Read-Only". and now the apploader folder is now gone...So can someone please tell me how to un-hide the apploader folder and help me with a solution with my problem. I'm just trying to get my blackberry fixed so I can go back to being productive..
    Make sure your system is enabled to view hidden folders, to do this, open a windows and at the top left side, click "organize" then scroll to folder and search options, click on "view" and just right in the middle you'll see an option that says "hidden files and folders" then click on "show hidden files, folders and drives" and apply it. Then go to your apploader folder. you should see it in a faded color. right-click on it and go to properties and un-tick the hide option and apply. If you want to find vendor.xml files that u cant see in the apploader folder...go to C:\Users\*yourname*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion and then search vendor.xml. Hope this was helpful...Cheers
    randynjaimie likes this.
    11-22-12 04:48 PM
    Sojaysings you nailed it for me! I kept uninstalling and reinstalling the update file and deleting the vendor.xml file in C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader. A couple threads kept pointing to that location and it was the wrong file location all along. Once I deleted it from the path you designated, it kicked off with no problem at all. Thanks a million!
    12-02-12 12:37 PM
    Sojaysings you nailed it for me! I kept uninstalling and reinstalling the update file and deleting the vendor.xml file in C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader. A couple threads kept pointing to that location and it was the wrong file location all along. Once I deleted it from the path you designated, it kicked off with no problem at all. Thanks a million!
    Anytime bro. Glad i could help
    12-15-12 01:37 PM