I just purchased a Torch (Upgraded from an 8800). I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to multiple select messages? How?

2. How do I rearrange or manage the icons?

3. If I select my WIFI router (@ home), am I still charged for "web minutes"?
    or Does surfing the internet @ home go against my data plan?

Thanks a ton. So far, it seems like a great phone..aside from the tiny KB.
    12-27-10 01:02 PM
    I just purchased a Torch (Upgraded from an 8800). I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to multiple select messages? How?

2. How do I rearrange or manage the icons?

3. If I select my WIFI router (@ home), am I still charged for "web minutes"?
    or Does surfing the internet @ home go against my data plan?

Thanks a ton. So far, it seems like a great phone..aside from the tiny KB.
    1) I use the caps button to select more the one message while scrolling through them, although someone else posted that it can be done with two fingers, one selecting the first message the other to slide down and select the other messages you wish to delete. You can also do a "delete prior" from the menu while on the date/date bar.

2) Use the blackberry key (the one with the little dots) while on an icon, this brings up the menu,then select move and the icon can be moved anywhere with the trackpad.

3) Not that I know of, I use both the wi-fi at home and work to cut down on data charges.
    12-27-10 01:14 PM
    3/ if your surfing and your browser shows the wifi icon then you are not being charged from your plan its going over your home wifi, again if it shows 3g then its your bundle its coming from. Some operators like orange uk re quire that you be using a orange connection to browse their wap pages and your account so they will drop wifi and use the cellular network.

One contradiction to this is again on orange using uma, basically when connected by uma you are using your wifi for connewction to your operator and all calls, texts and surfing comes from your operator bundle. I found even the data used over wifi to make the uma call came from the operator bundle as well. This probably won't affect you but thought I would post just in case you were using an operator that offered uma as they might include it as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 01:28 PM
    Tinyk, thanks for adding that about the browser because I always look for the name of the WI-FI (SSID) at the top of the home screen to make sure I am connected properly.
    12-27-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD