Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My torch screen won't auto rotate???

I just started noticing this issue the other day when I was browsing the web. My torch screen won't auto rotate and I don't know why?! I haven't dropped it or anything similar and the only app I have installed is the facebook one, oh and ebay, but only these. I can't figure out the issue. I have the .337 and I have pulled the battery numerous times.Tried unstalling all the apps but the issue still remains? Any help.
  2. Matrix Leader

Did you try adjusting the settings to a higher sensitivity level? Did you have this issue with build 246? Did you start noticing the problem after updating to 337 or after installing facebook?

Here is a link to 6.0.0.246 just incase you need it.

Just make sure you uninstall 337 from your PC first before installing it, and always make sure you create a manual backup via the BlackBerry Deskop Manager.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Faulty accelerometer perhaps.

I hate the landscape mode though, lucky you. hahaha.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I was on the older OS before but the auto rotate was working on both if I remember correctly. The sensitvity settings for the screen are at the highest would I need to change a different setting for rotation settings. Landscape is good for website viewing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Try opening and closing the slider? Phone won't go to landscape when slider is open.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
    Try opening and closing the slider? Phone won't go to landscape when slider is open.
    Doesn't help me. I have tried everything a hard reset numerous soft resets battery pulls nothing. I am going to try to go back to the old os and see if that helps. I have a program i had seen in another thread for testing the accelerometer and that seemed to detect, my torches movement. Im stumpped"???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey, did you figure out a fix? I'm having the same issue...had fixed it for about 10 minutes after my last hard reset, but the problem came back. I think I'll end up going in and getting an exchange.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Peddle91 View Post
    Hey, did you figure out a fix? I'm having the same issue...had fixed it for about 10 minutes after my last hard reset, but the problem came back. I think I'll end up going in and getting an exchange.

no fix yet! I was playing a youtube video and the auto rotate feature works there. Can't figure it at all!

CrackBerry Newbie

Hey, for those that hate the landscape mode you can turn it off using the app called 6 tools and there's a setting for that.

I had the same problem, didn't auto rotate the whole day and tried everything and no go, all of a sudden it worked again and has been doing so for the past 3 weeks or so.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm new here but my auto rotate stopped working right after buying a snap on case from crackberry. It confused me for a bit because resetting the phone using the ALT, right shift and delete key.....would fix the issue for the time being. Once I snapped off the front case the problem stopped occurring and would clear up as soon as I removed the front case.....so I no longer use the front case.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

i thought you were on to asomething there with the case. I did recently buy two, a silicone and a hard casemate. I tried to take the case off. soft reset no go. i cant return the handset as im out the country also. This sucks!

CrackBerry Abuser

Try a physical battery pull
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

I actually solved this problem. I copied all media card content over to pc and formatted it. Not that it may have help but why not. Then did a complete wipe of all data and entries. Reinstalled the OS and now all is back to normal

CrackBerry User

I have a strange problem. The moment i pull the slider keyboard out and close it the screen rotation doesnot work. I put the torch into the hostler and then take it out, the screen rotation starts to work. I am on .337.
    This is definitely a bug.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just want to know something. If I have the 246 version its the one i should have for the screen rotation to work is that what ya'll saying ?

CrackBerry Newbie

Smile Problem fixed

Had the same problem...no landscape mode. Put Torch into the holster, then removed it and landscape mode is back. Go figure...
    CrackBerry Newbie

if u upgrade ur os it might help cuz i was having the problem on my torch and i upgraded my os 6 and it worked great!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Torch Screen Won't Rotate

Had this problem as well. I pulled the battery, popped out all cards (phone and expansion), rebooted with no cards and it corrected itself. pulled the battery, put cards back in and everything is okay.
    CrackBerry Genius

If you having this problem and you cannot bring up the on screen keyboard with the slider closed, it means the sensor that tells the phone the slider is open is broken or out of alignment. I had this happen to a 9800 and Rogers fixed it under warranty.

I was using a snap on case (the Mobi one form CrackBerry) and the clerk at Rogers had the same case and the same problem with his phone. I would avoid the two piece cases on the 9800 if they hook into the slider groove. I think there is only one brand that doesn't do it this way, but hooks the top piece into a groove on the bottom part of the case, rather than the slider groove of the phone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

"Had the same problem...no landscape mode.
    Put Torch into the holster, then removed it and landscape mode is back. Go figure... "

This Is Realy Working! I had the same problem that the sreen dit not Autorotate when viewing websites. This problem startet some time ago and I could not find the origin!! But now I know, because my holster is damaged I dont use it anymore. And thats why it happened now. Just shortly put it back and it works again !!

For All Dutch Readers this message in also Dutch.
    "Autorotatie werkt niet meer of het scherm draait niet meer bij kantelen van het toestel: Oplossing: Stop je blackberry Torch weer terug in je riembeugel / Riemhouder en het probleem is opgelost !!"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi I had same problem with screen,and have a big cover so after reading this ijust closed my slider al the way and then screen turn,so it is the small space of cover that lead to problem.......thanks for help