Hi,

I had a nice romance between my 9800 Torch and me till now. This is my fist time BB.

After erased an app, as always, it made a reset.

But since then the BB doesn't complet the reset...moreover in the middle od the reset an add apears "with a 102 code error " and a reload software...

Can anyone tell me please what to do ? Will I lose all the data? How can i make it come again to me?????

Thanks in advance

cedu _ar
    02-13-11 03:50 PM
    Did you try a battery pull yet? Remove the battery for a minute and put it back in. You will not lose any data from a battery pull.
    cedu_ar likes this.
    02-13-11 03:55 PM
    Just curious, what app did you remove?
    02-13-11 03:57 PM
    Question, English isn't your first language?

I don't know what the 102 code error is, but from the sounds of it, you need to reload the OS onto the phone.

Uninstall any OS on the computer, install desired OS on the computer, plug in phone and open DM or AppLoader(C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Loader?) <- Something like that. DM works just as good. Follow instructions for AppLoader, on DM you have to hit Update and follow instructions.

There are better guides on CrackBerry to reinstalling an OS.
    cedu_ar likes this.
    02-13-11 03:57 PM
    It sounds like that you have a corrupt file on the device and will need to wipe the operating system and reload.
    02-13-11 04:02 PM
    Hi,
    Sorry if my english isn't that good. I took the bartery out for half an hour and still the same problem: while reseting it stops and a message appears saying: error 102. Reload software. For furder information, please visit w3.blackberry.com/102
    I have the DM last vertion but i cant connect with the device. so no way to connect the DM with it. I have v6.00.284 ( last official). Before i decided to get rid of one app there were a conflict with the side buttom. I had installed the Vlingo and also instaled the app that can write a email with your voice (actually i can't remember the name of that app), so I decided to erase it. Then when I reset it after erase the app, then the problem starts.

I seems that there's no way to get into the device...how can i reinstall the OP system then??
    Dont know what to do...

cedu_ar ( argentina)
    Last edited by cedu_ar; 02-13-11 at 06:04 PM.
    02-13-11 05:59 PM
    You wont be able to use Desktop Manager. You will use Loader.exe as described in Step#1 of the link.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Close attention to Step#2. This is where many get it wrong.

Edit:Also here is a video
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-13-11 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added video link
    cedu_ar likes this.
    02-13-11 06:19 PM
    Thank you very much for your advise, pmccartney!!
    I followed it and I succeeded.
    It took me three times, but finally got it.
    Thenk you sooo much.

cedu_ar
    02-15-11 09:04 PM
    Hello all and thanks in advance for your support.
    Well, I did all what instructed but:
    1) Didnt get the PIN:UNKNOWN port, instead I got the "PIN:xxxx", being xxxx the actual PIN of my BB.
    2) once I clicked next, I got the screen where I'm suppoused to choose what to install/delete but there's nothing there!!!
    Well I see a wireless keyboard driver and the wireless music sync app which were installed in another BB I have.
    What can I do??
    I'm currently downloading the "BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2647 (Multilanguage)" to see if I get somewhere with it. I hope so. Any ideas?
    My guess is that all OS files are no longer in the cell phone, other wise I should see them, rigth?
    THANKS
    08-18-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD