So while my Torch is plugged into the charger (just the regular charger that came with the phone) at night on my nightstand, it wakes me up with a high pitched buzzing sound once it's completely charged. I turn my phone off before I go to sleep and then wake up an hour or two later because of the sound and have to unplug it. My husband can't hear it. But it's definitely there. It's driving me crazy
    Anyone else have this problem?
    I don't hear the sound when I first plug it in by the way.
    01-10-11 09:44 AM
    There have been other discussions on the "buzzing" while charging and everyone else seems to think it comes from the charger not the phone. Others have replaced the charger and it stopped. I personally have no buzzing or whining from my device while charging.
    01-10-11 09:57 AM
    Same issue here and I'm also having the same issue from the charger to my novitel mifi 2372 also from the charger. I have a telecom background n here is what I think it is, i believe its the charger acting as a speaker n converting magnetic induction into audible sound, also it may enable u to pick up on some energy from the device itself, honestly this is rediculous n they should seal or build their chargers better, anyone else have this issue ?

Could this be happening because of no groud

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sabouze; 01-10-11 at 06:24 PM.
    01-10-11 06:19 PM
    I've got it too. I thought I'd try charging in the bedroom for a change, so the phone is beside me in the morning when I might need it, but as soon as the phone was charged that high pitched noise became very obvious and very annoying. It is coming from the charger itself, and as much as it's not very loud, it's enough to drive me nuts. So the phone now charges in the living room again.
    01-10-11 10:32 PM
    My Torch's charger makes a noise like what you are describing but it doesn't bother me so I'm not worried about replacing the charger...thing is, It only makes the sound when I have the BB in my hand using it...
    01-10-11 11:16 PM
    I've had this problem with my previous Bold 9000 and had it for a year. I can hearthat sound but didn't bother me too much. Always thought it was the radio frequency transfering data but not sure didn't bother dealing with it. Never had this issue with my Torch. Try turning off your connections and see if the sound stops and if not then it could be the charger like you metion other than that I don't know but good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 11:58 PM
    My 9810 also does this when fully charged and plugged in.
    I have a surge protector indicating good ground and I have tried different models of chargers....I've had a lot of BlackBerrys the past 8 years so there are many chargers laying around in drawers.

The high pitch is annoying when I'm trying to sleep, I always turn all antennas off before bed and use the alarm to wake up.

I'm going to try and leave bluetooth on and see if that helps...I don't dare leave wifi or 4G on for the midnight emails are far worse than humming....
    03-13-12 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD