I know the arrows at the right upper corner show up when the phone is downloading/uploading data and they do every time the phone checks for new emails msgs, etc. Today my phone went crazy the arrows are ALWAYS on and blinking, if I turn off wifi they slow down. I downloaded an app to measure data traffic and it showed 20 mb in 10 min through wifi.
    I checked and logged off of every app that could be causing that, no difference. I deleted them (social apps mainly) no difference. I rebooted the Torch many, many times, no difference. I have a 2gb plan with ATT and although right now i'm on my home wifi, i don't want to go over the limit when i'm not home (and logged off wifi)

Does anyone know why is this happening? more importantly, how do I stop it?

Thanks

Joss
    12-22-12 09:04 PM
    It must be some software that you have installed, I have Torch 9800 and it doesn't do what you describe.

Cheers
    Jocelyn Mauna likes this.
    12-23-12 03:59 AM
    I know the arrows at the right upper corner show up when the phone is downloading/uploading data and they do every time the phone checks for new emails msgs, etc. Today my phone went crazy the arrows are ALWAYS on and blinking, if I turn off wifi they slow down. I downloaded an app to measure data traffic and it showed 20 mb in 10 min through wifi.
    I checked and logged off of every app that could be causing that, no difference. I deleted them (social apps mainly) no difference. I rebooted the Torch many, many times, no difference. I have a 2gb plan with ATT and although right now i'm on my home wifi, i don't want to go over the limit when i'm not home (and logged off wifi)

Does anyone know why is this happening? more importantly, how do I stop it?

Thanks

Joss
    Make sure your GPS is turned off and Third Party application reporting is disabled. Go to Options and scroll down to Third Party Applications and open, disable data collection. That should stop the 20mb losses your having.
    Jocelyn Mauna likes this.
    12-23-12 07:51 AM
    Thanks, cprunax, mine is almost two years old and never did this before. I assumed one of my apps got updated and that included a bug. I deleted all "unnecessary" apps, turned off my GPS and the leak was still there. After reading some other posts I decided to remove my SD card, guess what? the leak stopped, no idea why, it has been fine since then. I am re-installing my apps one by one and checking everything is ok. I will move the pics and files from my Sd card, format it and check whether that solves the problem. Anyway, thanks both for the help, I just wanted to update my status in case someone else has the same problem.

Happy Holidays

Joss
    12-25-12 03:13 PM
    Encryption and compression have caused a number of issues for many users. Can't explain why they would cause a surge in data consumption. Check the settings.
    12-25-12 03:32 PM