I have had my blackberry torch 9800 since march 2011, so that's 7 months.

while downloading bbm music earlier, just as it was finishing downloading, my phone switched itself off, and went to the black blackberry screen with the white loading bar at the bottom.
    it has been in a loop on this screen for about half an hour now, and i am very worried! the white loading bar gets to about 3 quarters of the way done and shuts down and starts the process all over again.
    i've tried taking the battery out, putting my phone on charge and nothing will help it!

could anyone be of assisstance and help me out in this matter please?
    thanks
    11-22-11 08:21 PM
    Well, if you have a backup then I suggest u connect it to the PC and do a restore of ur phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 10:59 PM
    I had the exact same problem. I suspected that my phone's software was somehow corrupted by the install of BBM Music. I deleted the BBM Music app from the phone, using the PC app BlackBerry Master Control Program.

Procedure:
    1. Download MCP and install it on PC.
    2. Launch MCP.
    3. Go to MCP Settings (Ctrl+F2). Enter "BrickBerry" to enable protected controls.
    4. Go to MCP Erase Modules (F5).
    5. Remove battery from phone.
    6. Connect phone to PC USB port.
    7. After MCP recognizes the phone, reinstall the battery.
    8. Retrieve list of modules on phone.
    9. Select the BBM Music module(s).
    10. Select "Force" and click Erase.

The phone should reboot ok now. Good luck.
    11-27-11 09:40 PM
    My Torch did the same thing last week after I updated the FB app. It got stuck in a cycle of rebooting, the white bar only went 75% of the way across the screen, the screen went black for a second, the red LED flashed then it started all over again. After a few hard resets I googled the symptoms and saw some other owners had the same thing. I took my Torch to the local AT&T store for help. After swapping out & checking the battery, resets, etc we again got the same result. The store rep called AT&T technical help and they told me to go home and they'll talk me through a "force reload". (Luckily my old Curve was on hand after a SIM card swap to use in a pinch)
    I hooked things up as told but the BB was completely dead throughout. Since I got mine in April 2011 it was covered under warranty. Arrangements were made to send me a reconditioned replacement Torch which came via the USPS- NOT UPS, FedEx, etc which I was watching out for. It came in 3 business days (as opposed to the 4-6 b/days I had been told). The Torch 9800 looked brand new and it came with the OS 6 update- definitely a nice surprise. It seems like AT&T is really clamping down on replacements until all other efforts are exhausted. Even when the AT&T store rep spoke to the tech rep on the phone he was left shaking his head. I'm glad the new Torch came sooner than expected and the OS 6 upgrade is a huge plus. Good luck!
    11-28-11 03:49 AM
    HI Wong,

Thanks a lot for the help! My BB 9800 has got stuck in the rebooting cycle and was trying different stuffs to get it back but with no success . You made my Day! It was very helpful and working absolutely fine. Thanks once again.

Only thing that i want to add is:

1) One shpuld know which is the application that got your BB into rebooting cycle, so that you can delete the module.
    2) Here is the link for MCP Downloads.

Thanks a lot to all!
    11-29-12 02:23 PM
    This has happened to me after trying to update bbm today. I'll have to try the reload in the morning and hope for the best..
    12-11-12 04:31 AM
    you have to reload the OS of your device. wipe the device and reinstall the OS. Try .747 for torch 9800. i am running .747 on my 9800 from several months and it workd smoothly without any hang up or any problem. boot process is also fast as compared to others.
    ENJOY CHEERS
    12-11-12 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD