I have noticed that from time to time my screen will not rotate when I turn my phone sideways. I have to restart my phone to get it back to normal. Does anyone else have this issue?
    03-30-11 09:00 AM
    What OS version are you on? If you are still on the stock OS6.0.0.246 that your device came with, then you need to upgrade at least to the latest official upgrade...there is a sticky at the top of this forum with instructions on how to download (there are also instructions in the Help section of this forum.). Most of these glitches are corrected in later upgrades to the operating system.
    mel147 likes this.
    03-30-11 09:10 AM
    What OS version are you on? If you are still on the stock OS6.0.0.246 that your device came with, then you need to upgrade at least to the latest official upgrade...there is a sticky at the top of this forum with instructions on how to download (there are also instructions in the Help section of this forum.). Most of these glitches are corrected in later upgrades to the operating system.
    upgrading to your carrier's most recent 'offical' OS, (or a leaked OS) is definately recomended... also? are you leaving your keyboard slider open when trying to rotate the screen??
    03-30-11 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem and I'm on Version 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223) I have restarted daily via "quickpull" and battery removal, but it will not rotate. Also the slider is closed when I rotate. Has anyone else had this problem? It driving me nuts

Thanks

LMB
    07-15-11 02:41 PM
    i had this too and had to have ph sent away to repair been away 3times now so i put it on the shelf and use my bold 9700 torch is full of bugs, slow and all around junk imo
    07-16-11 09:44 PM
    I have the same problem and I'm on Version 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223) I have restarted daily via "quickpull" and battery removal, but it will not rotate. Also the slider is closed when I rotate. Has anyone else had this problem? It driving me nuts

Thanks

LMB
    Some apps don't rotate... And you may have to do the "tap" to get it to rotate, as is with nearly all phones that rotate. Also worth a try would be wiping the device completely and reinstalling the OS, just the OS. Then after a day or so reinstall the apps you want one at a time to see if any of them cause the issue.

Also, drop quickpull, its a waste of space and buggy in some cases. Just use the ALT + Right Shift + Delete key combo, hold for 3 seconds.
    07-17-11 09:14 PM
    I have noticed that from time to time my screen will not rotate when I turn my phone sideways. I have to restart my phone to get it back to normal. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Do you have a case on your Torch? I have a red Casemate Barely There case, and when it's on, my Torch doesn't always rotate. Sometimes I have to push down. I think the fit of the case makes the Torch think the slider's open. When I take the case off, everything's fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 10:50 PM
    thanks sooo much! I was really worried cuz i only got this phone like 2 mths ago... this was a life saver!
    09-30-11 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD