So I send my phone back to rogers because it had a few issues I was hesitant because I knew they would send me a refurbished one back but I'm happy to say after going through 3 new torchs this one is by far the best everything is just so much more solid and the slider is also way smoother and responsive not sure if I just got lucky or the refurbished phones are just built better the second time around

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 11:05 PM
    It may sound strange, but this isn't only for BB, when someone buys something refurbished seem to be in a better condition than brand spankin' new. Sometimes it seems like the "refurbished" is basically having a second quality control check on the item. I have bought refurbished items before and not once I had to complain about anything, while it's a different story with "factory new out of the box" experiences.
    12-21-10 11:11 PM
    Shodan is correct. Refurbished, especially FACTORY refurbished, items always have a higher success rate of not going bad. The bugs have been worked out, and and a lot of the time, parts have been replaced with better quality parts than OEM parts.

12-21-10 11:55 PM
    Same for me, 3rd unit was a refurb and is better then the prior 2 new ones...

12-22-10 12:13 AM
    i just got a refurb Torch, hoping to address my battery draining issues. everything looked good, but the trackpad had a mind of its own. it kept trying to scroll down all the time. im going to have to replace it tomorrow at the local warranty center. ugh.
    12-22-10 02:18 AM
    gOod to know.. Sent back (all new) 2 torches for overheating and one because the slider wasn't assembled correctly on one side..(Functioned but had a gap of .5mm on the right, someone screwed up)

12-22-10 05:41 AM
    I approve of this post. My refurb Torch is the 2nd one I got and it works amazing.
    12-22-10 12:22 PM
    My first 2 new torches came from best buy my first refurb cam from att the refurb is a lot better then the 2 new ones so I took bestbuy their black one back and got att to give me a white one instead so now I just hope my white one I pick up tomorrow will be built better then the new black ones haha

12-22-10 10:34 PM
    My first torchie was a refurb, total junk. The screen had so much wobble, I was actually afraid of breaking the dern thing even trying to open it. And it had so many gremlins in the operation, I had to send it back.

12-22-10 10:44 PM
    Just when I thought I was about to give up on the Torch... I went to an AT&T Device Repair Center and I must say WHAT A DAMN DIFFERENCE!!! OMG!! Night and Day! The refurb has NO Bounce, Wobble, Play AT ALL!!! Anyone that has these issues I must advise... DO NOT TURN DOWN A RUFURB UNIT! I have had other refurb devices and have pretty much always had the same experience.. They just seem to be more "quality tested" than new units.. But I was TOTALLY Amazed by the build quality of my Refurb Torch..
    12-22-10 10:44 PM
    This is great to hear as my first Torch is on it's way to me now and it's a Red refurb (wanted black but they only had the Red for free....).
    03-17-11 11:34 AM
    I just got a refurb as well. I had 3 "new" ones when they first came out. The 3rd lasted until this month, when the accelerometer went out on it. New one has no wobble, and no other issues I've seen others talk about. Yay!
    03-17-11 01:56 PM
    This is what its come down to lol. To get a good working blackberry device, u gotta go for repaired pieces n not brand new ones straight from rim hq themselves lol.

What is rim doing!

03-17-11 08:23 PM
    With AT&T, I've always had good luck with refurbished devices (9000 & 9700).

Thankfully haven't had do any warranty exchanges on my Torch yet... *knock on wood*
    03-17-11 08:35 PM
    This is what its come down to lol. To get a good working blackberry device, u gotta go for repaired pieces n not brand new ones straight from rim hq themselves lol.

What is rim doing!

You're questioning RIM's commitment to quality based on a handful of comments on a Blackberry forum with the tag line of "for users and abusers"?

What about the millions of Blackberry owners out there not having (or had) problems with their device(s)?

When I first got my Torch I took it back 6 times because it "didn't slide right" or "the track pad was a little off" <- you really think all of that was RIM's fought or just my crazy OCD?

I never noticed a slider "wobble" until i read a post on Crackberry about it... Honestly, you think maybe there's a couple thousand people on this forum (if they were honest with themselves) did what I did??

Over all I'm pretty sure anyone thats used a number of different devices from different manufactures will agree RIM (9 times out of 10) has the better build quality...
    03-17-11 09:03 PM
    Certainly not from my experience. The ppl on this forum who've had to swap bcos of a wobble or any other problems arent "OCD".. they're more tech-savvy. They're the ppl who can be bothered to report about their experiences with their phone. Or u cod even say they might not be tech savvy but re so bothered by the experience that they had to come onto cb.com to highlight their issues. The millions of bb owners out there who don't complain maybe aren't as tech savvy.. Or probably more accepting of a wobbly slider.. Or possibly could hve received makes from factories with better fitting tecbniques then the mexico 4 models. Whatever it may be and irregardless of your opinion, in my personal experience rim's build quality for the torch, in particular, aint up to par.

03-17-11 09:13 PM
    Certainly not from my experience. The ppl on this forum who've had to swap bcos of a wobble or any other problems arent "OCD".. they're more tech-savvy. They're the ppl who can be bothered to report about their experiences with their phone. Or u cod even say they might not be tech savvy but re so bothered by the experience that they had to come onto cb.com to highlight their issues. The millions of bb owners out there who don't complain maybe aren't as tech savvy.. Or probably more accepting of a wobbly slider.. Or possibly could hve received makes from factories with better fitting tecbniques then the mexico 4 models. Whatever it may be and irregardless of your opinion, in my personal experience rim's build quality for the torch, in particular, aint up to par.

Yeah...

Thankfully not all Blackberry users share your "experience" with build quality or RIM would of when out of business long ago.
    Last edited by lucky45; 03-17-11 at 09:49 PM.
    03-17-11 09:39 PM
    So when you get a refurb from Rogers is it all scratched up? Or do they replace then bezels when they are refurbished?
    03-17-11 11:54 PM
    mine is amazing. Had 4 new duds before getting this winner.

03-18-11 01:20 AM

I have a Mexico 4 build, thanks, and NOT any of the issues listed on this forum (nor the nonsense you seem to think you know). Don't categorize anything you don't know full well about, just to make some kind of lame attempt to take a shot at RIM.

These dumbasses never cease...

homer1475 likes this.
    03-18-11 06:39 AM
    This is great to hear as my first Torch is on it's way to me now and it's a Red refurb (wanted black but they only had the Red for free....).
    Just got my red refurb from AT&T last week and I have to say it's totally solid. I can't tell at all that it isn't new from the factory. I was waiting for a red refurb, when I looked last month all they had was black...
    03-18-11 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD