Hi, need help.. I bought a brand new factory unlocked BB Torch 9800 (from HK) and used it in Phils with Globe carrier. I enrolled on its social data plan (BB social: i.e. all social apps,BBM, BIM activated but without Browsing and email) but its not working. BBM and BIM dont work at all, however I can use facebook,twitter,myspace, appsworld when connected to wifi. I've already tried updating both my OS and apps and then downgrading back with same result. Even did delete - reinstall and countless battery pulls without success. Finally went to my Carrier to ask for the settings as well and they told me I have the correct settings and service books on my BB..If anyone have any idea if my problem is software or hardware or carrier related?and how to fix it really and greatly appreciated..
    03-15-12 10:02 AM
    Options / device / application management. Check see if your permission for those apps are set on allow?
    03-15-12 02:52 PM
    hi, i checked..so far the default settings were all on Allow for all apps
    03-16-12 07:53 AM
    Usually when some one has tried everything, like you have, the fault lies at the customer service of the provider.
    Ask them to double check if the data plan is correct and that you have in fact not just a internet data plan but a blackberry data plan.
    03-16-12 10:36 PM
    hello,i've already went to my carrier twice and been talking to their 24hr hotline as well for the last couple days..The customer service showed me the records and configuration settings of my account..as confirmed, my data plan is indeed a Blackberry data plan
    03-17-12 12:43 AM
    Does it show EDGE/3G or edge/3g in the connection text icon?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-17-12 01:17 AM
    its 3G and sometimes edge..wierd coz i knew the edge should be capitalized,but its not and when i got a 3g signal it says 3G in capital letters..

btw, i did a handheld wipe and batt pull just now and inserted a new sim card from a different carrier,and enrolled it on a BB data plan for 1 day, but the apps still not functioning...i noticed that the service books automatically renew itself to match the settings of the new carrier, though im not sure if im doing it right
    03-17-12 07:45 AM
    How about your Host Routing Table? Are they properly filled up? Have you registered the device?

03-17-12 08:04 AM
    yup, i've been sending registration messages on the host routing table..but it still say *no entries*...is there suppose to be some entries there?

BTW, my BB data plan does not include browsing and email..my plan only includes the social apps, instant messengers and BBM
    Last edited by cherylMD; 03-17-12 at 10:01 AM.
    03-17-12 09:28 AM
    After clicking on Register Now you should see a pop-up saying that the request has been sent and a short while later you should receive a SMS confirmation.

03-18-12 12:56 AM
    i think i may have already received a confirmation saying..*your handheld has been registered with the wireless network*..the msg got deleted after i updated the OS though...
    03-18-12 01:24 AM
    You need to re-register your device after an OS re-install and if the Host Routing Table is empty.

03-18-12 03:00 AM
    thats the problem, i keep trying to register again couple of times ..and a window keep saying "your registration has been sent" but i didnt receive the reply...am i right to think that the problem could be on my data carrier side?
    03-18-12 03:12 AM
    I saw on another forum post that you are on a pay-per-use plan. Do you have an active BB plan with your carrier right now?

03-18-12 03:40 AM
    yes..but my plan is activated for a full month (30 days)..its unlimited use for 30 days, at the moment im still on my 1st week from activation
    03-18-12 03:53 AM
    Try to reinstall the service books manually.
    03-18-12 04:47 AM
    can you tell me how to do that?..i found a thread saying delete and then undelete the service books..i tried it though..still not working..
    03-18-12 05:05 AM
    thats actually the first thing I checked..all Apps are on Allow as default
    03-18-12 08:17 AM
    okay, i have a new problem now..it seems my torch could not receive the sms that is supposed to be received from blackberry stating "your handheld device has been registered to the network"..i've tried 3 different carriers with activated bb data plans..all of which i tried to send a registration message via options>device>advanced system settings>host routing table>register now..... it wont let me receive the sms..after waiting for few mins or even doing battery pull...hence, i got the empty host routing table..i even tried sending the service books from my network blackberry site but thats about it..i still have an empty host routing table and no registration message from all 3 networks...

btw, i tried updating and downgradng my OS but to no avail..can someone help me figure this out?
    03-23-12 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD