Its getting bad. The more I use it the slower it gets. Jeez, this thing can't even sync with a MAC. I'm losing patience but I will try and stick it out. Lag, freezes, etc. I don't have any 3rd party apps installed as this is a work only phone. Pretty pathetic.
    08-19-10 09:08 PM
    A couple of friends were having issues when they first got the phone. Did you try to wipe the device first before using it?

I think that makes a big difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 09:12 PM
    I would not wait another day before wiping your device and reinstalling .141 or trying .161 - sometimes it makes all the difference.

Note: .161 has some minor issues but fixes the tinny sound on calls and most agree it's a bit faster. Check the beta OS forum.
    08-19-10 09:14 PM
    I did a wipe and it still didnt work I searched around RIM's site and this is their answer to the MAC sync issue:

I mean COME ON!! It's 2010 and they can't do a simple contact sync. It's embarrassing and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    08-19-10 09:25 PM
    Do what I did: take the phone back and just wait until they fix whatever needs to be fix or wait for a better RIM device. So far my 9700 is doing the job.
    I admit, the Torch did the job, but I felt like a sucker, cuz it was just too laggy, bad resolution and overall outdated compared to the rest of the devices that are out there right now.

08-19-10 09:44 PM
    I don't think a wipe or new OS will help. At least it's just a work phone! And has good keyboard options for emailing.
    08-19-10 09:54 PM
    Well I have 10 3rd party apps installed and my device is fast and fluid. Very few minor complaints here. It will only get better as leaked OS updates continue to come.

The wipe made all the difference for me.

Sorry about the Mac thing - honestly though you knew what you were signing up for when you bought a Mac instead of a PC. Application compatibility has always been a problem for you guys because you're 10% of the population and the other 90% of the population is being served first. I'd have to think that that 10% number (or whatever the exact number is these days) is significantly less for the BB using demographic.
    08-19-10 10:01 PM
    This is all very interesting. I love the Torch. I can't speak for the Mac sync (windows user)but I don't experience any lag or sync issues. I would suggest you install .161, wipe you're device and let it settel in for a while. Do a system wipe and give it some time for everything to fully load. If your still experiencing issues, return it for a replacment. The more I use mine, the more I love it!!
    It really IS a nice device.

08-19-10 10:06 PM
    Well I have 10 3rd party apps installed and my device is fast and fluid. Very few minor complaints here. It will only get better as leaked OS updates continue to come.

The wipe made all the difference for me.

Sorry about the Mac thing - honestly though you knew what you were signing up for when you bought a Mac instead of a PC. Application compatibility has always been a problem for you guys because you're 10% of the population and the other 90% of the population is being served first. I'd have to think that that 10% number (or whatever the exact number is these days) is significantly less for the BB using demographic.
    Please, that might have been a valid excuse 5 years ago but not today. All this shows is that RIM IS WAY OUT OF TOUCH with todays market. RIM released the software for MAC's obviously untested and it is a joke that you can't do a simple contact sync.
    Last edited by donnation; 08-19-10 at 10:12 PM.
    08-19-10 10:08 PM
    A couple of friends were having issues when they first got the phone. Did you try to wipe the device first before using it?

I think that makes a big difference.

Really? If you don't frequent crackberry, how would you even know that? For a brand new device, that isn't very reassuring!
    08-19-10 10:15 PM
    Please, that might have been a valid excuse 5 years ago but not today. All this shows is that RIM IS WAY OUT OF TOUCH with todays market. RIM released the software for MAC's obviously untested and it is a joke that you can't do a simple contact sync.
    85% of all Mac owners also have Windows. The Mac-only market is a small niche. 85% of Mac owners have Windows too - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech
    08-19-10 10:29 PM
    85% of all Mac owners also have Windows. The Mac-only market is a small niche. 85% of Mac owners have Windows too - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech
    What has that got to do with anything? I want to sync my Blackberry with my MAC and RIM is to stupid to figure it out properly. They've only had 10 years or so to figure it out. It only shows how dumbass of a company they are. I mean **** you can sync a freaking iPhone to Windows with no problems. And I'm not talking complicated stuff here. I'm talking a CONTACT SYNC for God's sake!!! I'm not asking them to pull music in for me or sync any documents or files. This is absolutely a joke and to defend them on this only allows them to continue to get away with it.
    08-19-10 10:35 PM
    My Torch arrived today and the transition from my Bold 9000 went somothly. EVERYTHING is working properly. Phone calls do NOT sound tinny and I'm able to stream my music by bluetooth to my computer. Also the phone feels sturdy and the slider does NOT feel loose. Also effortlessly connected my phone to my Honda 2008 Handsfree System using bluetooth. RIM has done an outstanding job of melding the Bold and the Storm together, it seems to me. I still love my Bold 9000 and might be switching between both phones.
    08-19-10 10:51 PM
    What has that got to do with anything? I want to sync my Blackberry with my MAC and RIM is to stupid to figure it out properly. They've only had 10 years or so to figure it out. It only shows how dumbass of a company they are. I mean **** you can sync a freaking iPhone to Windows with no problems. And I'm not talking complicated stuff here. I'm talking a CONTACT SYNC for God's sake!!! I'm not asking them to pull music in for me or sync any documents or files. This is absolutely a joke and to defend them on this only allows them to continue to get away with it.
    Apple has to allow iPhones to sync with PCs, since the majority of computer users have PCs, not Macs. Other phone platforms do not need to do this, since Macs are a niche market. Of all the folks I know who own Macs, only one does not have Windows. All of the others either own a PC too, or they use BootCamp and run Windows on their Macs.
    08-19-10 10:59 PM
    Just do what I did....load up your contacts in Outlook on a Bootcamp partition and sync that way until the fix for the OS X issue is resolved.

Not ideal, but better than nothing.
    08-19-10 11:44 PM
    I don't have a Torch but I would sync your itunes contacts with a google account. Then download Google sync from m.google.com/sync

I agree you shouldn't have do all this but BlackBerry desktop software has always been hit or miss for me.
    08-20-10 12:07 AM
    Why does everyone have to have something to complain about? A guy cant get a good read with any type of good information in this forum without reading about how someone bought a MAC and now hates the world because it uses Windows, or how the G is printed just wrong on the button... Get a grip.

The fact that this forum turned into this is ridiculous...not to mention its now turning into a Mac vs Windows argument...and no one needs another one of those...

There are bigger things to worry about than a phone not syncing properly with a computer system that less than a quarter of everyone has, or how a button overlay is printed... If you dont like it take it back, you obviously dont have too big of a problem with it if your on here complaining. If it was that big of a deal breaker you'd be one of the other sheep on here posting "Torch is junk, moving to Android" or some ****.

You want something to sync with your Mac....go get an iPhone.

Enjoy your Torch, I am mine
    08-20-10 12:10 AM
    Jeez, this thing can't even sync with a MAC.
    i'm assuming you were getting a message to look at a knowledge base when you were trying to sync your calendar or contacts (KB19454). i was getting this problem too but if you update your BBM to 5.0.1.38 in app world it works. don't ask me how or why but this actually works. it's from the RIM website you posted.
    08-20-10 12:28 AM
    dpac ... ouch; lmao
    08-20-10 01:25 AM

What? I like BlackBerry as much as the next guy, but you're out of control. The mere mention of an Apple product has you foaming at the mouth. Good thing he didn't mention Google or you'd probably be crying right now.

If RIM didn't want him syncing his contacts from iTunes, they wouldn't have included it as an option. This is reasonable, as they're hoping to get some iPhone defectors.

How about you learn to act like an adult before you decide to come to an open forum where there will be more than one person's opinion?

08-20-10 01:51 AM
    Why does everyone have to have something to complain about? A guy cant get a good read with any type of good information in this forum without reading about how someone bought a MAC and now hates the world because it uses Windows, or how the G is printed just wrong on the button... Get a grip.

The fact that this forum turned into this is ridiculous...not to mention its now turning into a Mac vs Windows argument...and no one needs another one of those...

There are bigger things to worry about than a phone not syncing properly with a computer system that less than a quarter of everyone has, or how a button overlay is printed... If you dont like it take it back, you obviously dont have too big of a problem with it if your on here complaining. If it was that big of a deal breaker you'd be one of the other sheep on here posting "Torch is junk, moving to Android" or some ****.

You're whack.

1) It's among the core purposes of the existence of this forum to help out Blackberry users who have problems with their phones. Another core purpose is the discussion and comparison of features of said phones. If you don't like it, GTFO.

2) Believe it or not, some people in the world are actually technically involved enough to be willing to try out beta OS's and other hacks before they run back to the store to return a product. I agree that this may not be the case where you come from, but the world is bigger than your front yard, accept it or GTFO.

3) I don't have a Mac, and I'd never get one, but the fact that RIM released software for the Mac and advertises syncing with the Mac makes it to be expected that their software for the Mac works correctly. If not, it's a bug, and we're back at my point 1, which makes the circle complete. Reports and complaints about bugs are not only viable, but software developers DEPEND on them to, well, develop software. This isn't 1985 anymore, get used to it or GTFO.

Just whack.
    08-20-10 02:15 AM
    Lol, everybody knows blackberrys mature with age, 6 months from now you'll have a perfect OS version for it, that's how long it took for the 9700. Give it a bit of time. How about Torch synching with itunes over wifi? Not even the iphone, apples own smart phone can do that, give Rim some credit.

08-20-10 06:38 AM
    Buy a phone from 2004 and this is what you get. Maybe in 2018 RIM will figure out how to sync.
    08-20-10 07:05 AM
    Buy a phone from 2004 and this is what you get. Maybe in 2018 RIM will figure out how to sync.
    So you got the Incredible..... what the h*** are you still trolling here for?
    08-20-10 07:15 AM
    Return it and get a phone that better suits your needs or try approaching it maturely and presenting it on the forums minus the tantrum. Someone might be more inclined to help you solve your problem.

08-20-10 07:22 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD