When I turn my Blackberry on the keypad buttons all light up yet the screen doesn't light up at all (when closed and opened.)

When the phone is fully turned on the screen won't light up even when I press the unlock button.

I have read up about what is wrong and many people have been saying that it is the ribbon that needs changing. I just wanted to know if people have tried shortcuts, so that I don't have to take my phone apart and pay for the repairs.

Some people have said hold the unlock button and 'p' then press the bottem right hand corner of the screen.

I just want to know if anyone else has had similiar ideas or shortcuts.
    02-06-13 05:59 AM
    Hi,

I don't have the answer to this, but my Torch is also doing the same.

It was working fine one day, then the next it wont turn on. If I slide it open, the lights behind the keyboard come on, as do the 'phone' lights just below the screen.

If I plug the phone into the wall, a solid green light comes on. If I take the battery out for a few mins then replace it, a red light comes of for a few seconds.

I can connect my phone to a laptop via a USB cable, and windows makes the sounds to suggest a connection. However, I can't see the phone listed as an external drive.

I was hoping it's just a dead battery, but as the lights come on it seems it could be something more serious.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can try? I don't want to send much on having it repaired, as I can upgrade to a new phone in 5 weeks.

Many Thanks.
    05-29-13 01:48 AM