Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. muffin101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default my BB torch won't send pictures on text msgs???

    okay so basically I just got my bb torch like last week..everything is going fine and then i decided i wanted to send a picture to my friend over text message (he doesnt hav a bb)
    i go thru my pictures and soon enough discover that only a couple of them dont have the sending option.. i took the other advice to change the size of my pictures and still no luck

    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
  2. Zach7's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,152 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Are they all saved on your micro SD card?
  3. makki403's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    81 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    are you sending it as mms and not sms? cause by default, the texting on the torch is defaulted through sms.

    i've had the same problem too when i got my torch. that solved it for me.

    easiest is to open your text messages and attach the picture from there.
    "You shouldn't have to sacrifice who you are just because somebody else has a problem with it" -Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
  4. leilani_J's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Go to Options in Text Messages and make sure that MMS settings are at "Always".

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. muffin101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makki403 View Post
    are you sending it as mms and not sms? cause by default, the texting on the torch is defaulted through sms.

    i've had the same problem too when i got my torch. that solved it for me.

    easiest is to open your text messages and attach the picture from there.
    but the thing is that th pictures that cant be sent dont even have the option to send it. the little icon on the bottom left of the picture is blanked out
  6. muffin101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach7 View Post
    Are they all saved on your micro SD card?
    umm all it says is that its saved on the media card...
  7. muffin101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girlontherun View Post
    Go to Options in Text Messages and make sure that MMS settings are at "Always".

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    its already like that
  8. leilani_J's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muffin101 View Post
    but the thing is that th pictures that cant be sent dont even have the option to send it. the little icon on the bottom left of the picture is blanked out
    When you open text messages, is there a paper clip icon on the bottom of the screen? If so, that is what you use to attach a picture to a text. Once you do, the send button will not be blanked out.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. muffin101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girlontherun View Post
    When you open text messages, is there a paper clip icon on the bottom of the screen? If so, that is what you use to attach a picture to a text. Once you do, the send button will not be blanked out.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ya it does have that option but if i click on the picture that doesnt have the option to send it won't let me attach it to the text
  10. leilani_J's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muffin101 View Post
    Ya it does have that option but if i click on the picture that doesnt have the option to send it won't let me attach it to the text
    Are these the steps you take?
    1. Open txt msgs
    2. Click on paper clip icon
    3. Choose "Picture" from list
    4. Open Picture folder
    5. Click on the picture you want in the text
    After this the picture should be inserted in the text message.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. radi0chik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    PIN
    I prefer needles
    #11  

    Default

    Muffin what carrier are you using this Torch with?
  12. RutGuy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radi0chik View Post
    Muffin what carrier are you using this Torch with?
    I am on att. I set mine to always mms. I tried sending from picture album and from paper clip in a new text. But when I enter my album and click on my pic...it just goes to preview it rather than inserting it my text

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  13. leilani_J's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RutGuy View Post
    I am on att. I set mine to always mms. I tried sending from picture album and from paper clip in a new text. But when I enter my album and click on my pic...it just goes to preview it rather than inserting it my text

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You followed the exact steps I posted above? ... Because, normally, once you hit the paper clip icon, go to pictures, click on the picture you want to send, it automatically should enter into a brand new text msg.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  14. homer1475's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,022 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Best question is encryption enabled on your device? If you have encryption enabled no pictures you take will have the ability to send.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

    If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
  15. ghostryder12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    It sounds like both RutGuy and Muffin are trying to go to the album to attach the picture. Go to the message first. At the bottom of the message screen, you will see the paper clip. Click on that paper clip and you can select what you want to attach. Select pictures and you will go to the album. Select the pic you want and it will attach into a message.

    If you two are already doing the attachment in this fashion, sorry for restating it.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
  16. RutGuy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    '
    Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    Best question is encryption enabled on your device? If you have encryption enabled no pictures you take will have the ability to send.
    How can I find out if encryption is what is causing my issues. Afterall this is a company phone.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. RutGuy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Oh and I did try attaching from the text paperclip and the picture album. When I go to click it just brings me to the full screen view. Clicking it does not attach it
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  18. acanden's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    muffin 101 I know what you mean I am having the same issue, so far i have figured out that I can send a picture by hitting the paper clip--> attach picture--> camera and taking the picture right there. I am unsure of how to send pre-existent pics. I have followed everyone's steps and I'm set and it's still not working...
  19. Raydenlord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Im sry to Intrupt but My BB wont even highlight the paper clip. I try to tap it but it wont select. Like its grayed out. And when I go to my pictures I only have 2 options. Bluetooth or E-mail. I hope someone knows how to tell me how to fix this step by step. Because I even did a factory reset on it and It didnt seem to matter. It still wont let me hit the paper clip. And only gives me those two options at pictures
  20. tbrenn's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raydenlord View Post
    Im sry to Intrupt but My BB wont even highlight the paper clip. I try to tap it but it wont select. Like its grayed out. And when I go to my pictures I only have 2 options. Bluetooth or E-mail. I hope someone knows how to tell me how to fix this step by step. Because I even did a factory reset on it and It didnt seem to matter. It still wont let me hit the paper clip. And only gives me those two options at pictures
    Have you read all the way from the begining of the thread? Do you have it set to mms, and not txt etc....

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  21. tbrenn's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Muffin and ruitguy : what OS's are you running ??

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. Raydenlord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Im Running the new Os 6

    mms? What does that stand for? Where is that option. I dont see a text or mms option when I send text.
    When I buy other phones or even when I use my girlfriends Iphone I dont have problems sending a simple pic.
    I dont know which is worse me being stupid on my blackberry on how to send a picture asking probly dumb questions.
    Or the Blackberry making it complicated.
    Last edited by Raydenlord; 04-01-2011 at 02:28 PM.
  23. Raydenlord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    I only have the option to send a picture by Bluetooth or e-mail when im at my pictures..
    When im texting I cant text one / attach one meaning I cant highlight my attach button on the bottom that
    has a paper clip when im texting to send a pic

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  24. newcollector's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,988 Posts
    PIN
    Safety or stick?
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raydenlord View Post
    Im Running the new Os 6

    mms? What does that stand for? Where is that option. I dont see a text or mms option when I send text.
    When I buy other phones or even when I use my girlfriends Iphone I dont have problems sending a simple pic.
    I dont know which is worse me being stupid on my blackberry on how to send a picture asking probly dumb questions.
    Or the Blackberry making it complicated.
    All Torch's run OS6. when someone asks what version you are running they want to know is it 6.0.0.246 or .337 or .448 etc. If your carrier is ATT then most likely you are running .246.

    Go to the options icon on your phone and tap it. At the top of the options menu that opens up is a search function...tap it and then type encryp...it will pull up an encryption option that you should now tap. THis will pull up the encryption menu. Under the heading "media Card" there is a box opposite "Encrypt". If it is checked, uncheck it by tapping it once. Then hit the white back arrow that is next to your trackpad until you return to your homescreen. It will ask you to save changes so tap yes. If the media card encrypt was checked, then all photos you have taken can't be sent. All photos you take from now all can be sent.

    Take a photo. then go back to your homescreen, tap on text message. Select someone to send a message to, then touch the paperclip. A menu will pop up for you to select what you want to attach. In this case it is a picture, so tap picture. This will take you to an option to select Camera Pictures, Picture library, Wallpaper. Tap Camera Pictures. Tap the picture you just took. the phone will automatically place this pic in a text message balloon and you can then type your message with the pic. Then tap the second icon from the left at the bottom of your screen and it will send your picture and message.
    Last edited by newcollector; 04-01-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    ghostryder12 (04-02-2011) 
  25. HillJackJDS's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    OK. I came here looking for a solution to my similar problem. I have not had any problems sending pictures via text until just inthe last couple of days and know of no changes that I have physically made to my BB 9810 7.0 Bundle 1355 (v7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0.469). I get the immediate "Failed to send message" notice even though the message appears to build fine with the included or attached picture. I have followed this entire thread and tried everything so far to no avail. Last night, the pictures were not showing up in texts sent to me until after I saved them and opened them. By changing to ALWAYS MMS, instead of automatic, I think this problem might have cured itself, but I am still unable to send pictures and this will be frustrating very soon!
    I do not email or BBM from my phone. I have NOT changed the phone's camera resolution. I cannot recal changing any phone options that would have affected my ability to send pictures all of the sudden either. HELP??? Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions