hello all

last week my phone was in my pocket, no apps running

i took it out to check the time and it was hot, and i mean hot, i took the back off and it was hotter under there and i touched the bit of steel that holds the memory card in place and it was so hot i couldnt touch it

i pulled the battery and put it back in and it seems fine again, but it cant read the memory card anymore, and even my pc cant read it, when i put it in the memory card reader it gets warm very fast, as in like about 20 seconds and my computer cant open it or format it, and when i tried to format it, it says avaliable memory to format 30 meg

and then it says failed

im gona take it back just wondering if this has happend to anyone else before

im new to blackberry, and although its good there are a few things that anoy me with it

had i know i cant record calls i never would have got it, didnt even check, and im stuck with it now

chears

joe
    09-23-11 11:25 PM
    well that never happeend to my phone but if i am on a call and i am holding the phone it gets hot or when i charge it and use it at the same time the back pf the phone gets hot... i dunno what this mean but i try not to let it bother me
    09-24-11 08:19 AM
    Used to have similar problems. When I was using the Web Browser and on calls, it gets really hot quickly. Recently I just discovered that by switching the 3G connections to 2G it doesn't happens anymore. But it defeated the purpose of it actually of not using 3G when able to.
    09-24-11 08:58 AM
    Used to have similar problems. When I was using the Web Browser and on calls, it gets really hot quickly. Recently I just discovered that by switching the 3G connections to 2G it doesn't happens anymore. But it defeated the purpose of it actually of not using 3G when able to.
    yeah that does suck.. if u have a 3G phone and dont wanna use it cause the battery get hot to fast... but dont know if its a big problem or not cause it does not affect the performance of my phone
    09-24-11 09:57 AM
    Don't know about your problem but isn't recording calls illegal unless you inform the other party they are being recorded? Unless you're a government.
    09-24-11 10:14 AM
    your phones get warm, my mates iphone plugged into his car being a satnav and in the sun gets very war... but not half as hot as my torch got, i couldnt hold it

Don't know about your problem but isn't recording calls illegal unless you inform the other party they are being recorded? Unless you're a government.
    not that i care, but no

its illigal for me to record a call of 2 other people. its not illigal to record your own call

just like its illigal to bug someone, but your allowed to record yourself talking to someone

it is however inadmissable in a court room if you dont inform people.... well in the uk anyway

what i wanted was my phone to auto record every call and give an option at the end of it to save it or not, as i have a short term memory as good as a rock, or when driving, im self employed so my mobile is my everything and im always forgetting what people have just told me, it would be a usefull tool for me
    09-24-11 01:29 PM
    I think your memory card short-circuited.You can try the repair option in Storage,but I don't think it will fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tranquilbarley; 09-28-11 at 12:57 AM.
    09-28-11 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD