I've had my torch 9800 now for a year and a half. I went on a trip with it to a foreign country and, I connected it to a computer in a cafe. When I got home, I realized that 390 of my musics were gone along with some pictures. So I got home and I reformated the media card, and wiped my device, and restored them to a previously backed-up file. After I did that, I noticed that most of my musics and pictures were still gone.

Anyway, I always individually save music and pictures on my computer. And some musics I had not backed up on my computer I got from the internet, I re downloaded them.

It's been a week later, and the same thing happened again.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? I even did a virus scan and nothing came up. But I know it's some sort of malware or at least that's what I think. Please help...
    03-17-12 09:33 AM
    At this point I am thinking a faulty media card. Have you tried another card to see if the same thing happens? If it happens with another card then you might wanna seek a replacement phone if possible; or you may simply find out the card is bad.
    03-18-12 03:43 PM
    I had this problem. After chatting to both Vodafone and RIM, it was established that I had an OS issue. I got a replacement phone and the problem was cured.
    03-19-12 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD