I'll try to do my best to explain whats going on.....
    1. Send SMS to persons 1,2,3
    2. SMS shows a group "thread" with all 3 names at the top
    3. the text that i sent in the group sms also shows up in individual threads....

for example. if i send a message to all 3 people, in my phone it will show that i also sent it to them individually as well.... not always

4. it appears that multiple people SMS's get sent as MMS? because sometimes it will try to download the MMS,....which comes as just a txt when it comes through...and others ask why Im sending an MMS, when in fact, I'm sending a txt to multiple people

I've done battery pulls and I'm running .450
    05-05-11 12:08 PM
    3. the text that i sent in the group sms also shows up in individual threads....

for example. if i send a message to all 3 people, in my phone it will show that i also sent it to them individually as well.... not always

4. it appears that multiple people SMS's get sent as MMS? because sometimes it will try to download the MMS,....which comes as just a txt when it comes through...and others ask why Im sending an MMS, when in fact, I'm sending a txt to multiple people

(Re: Step #4) Occasionally this is an issue of the recipient network. Make sure your not sending messages that are over 140 characters, otherwise the message will be sent out as an MMS.
    05-05-11 12:57 PM

RE: #3 - I believe If you already had a thread open for the individual, the "group" message will appear in the individual thread... I think this is it, or it might be the other way around, can't remember.

RE #4 - goto text messages -> options. Change the 'send text only message as:' to 'Always SMS'. this way all your TXT messages will go as an SMS, unless you attach an image/video etc, at which point your device will notify you that it is "switching to MMS mode"
    05-05-11 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD