so iv always had a blackberry.. with Verizon tmobile now att. iv had the storm ..the 8900 aswell as sever older curves..so im very familiar with the bb software... and now i got just the torch..(fkn stoked!) but when i pull pics from a text to save it doesn't give me the option to put them into any specific folder.. or when i go into my pics and high-lite one it doesnt give me the option to move it to another folder? any other bb i used has a "move" option.. can anyone help
    03-15-11 06:37 PM
    Just use "cut", then use "paste" to put it in the folder you want.

What's a text? A website? E-book? Word document?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-15-11 at 06:54 PM.
    03-15-11 06:52 PM
    that just seems like the pain-in-the-*** way to do it.. theirs gotta be a easier way that im not seeing
    03-15-11 07:47 PM
    If I go into the pics viewer I can just do Menu > Move To Folder...

Can even make new folders
    03-15-11 07:52 PM
    pics viewer? i have folders on the card already from other bbs i just dont see a "move to folders" option
    Last edited by tattoodood; 03-15-11 at 08:28 PM.
    03-15-11 08:25 PM
    Media > Pictures
    03-15-11 08:26 PM
    it doesnt give me a "move to folder" option
    03-15-11 08:45 PM
    Are your pictures in the Picture library or the Camera pictures?

Camera pictures you can move to folder. But in the Pictures library you can do a cut and then scroll to the folder name you want and paste. That's not really any harder than Move To Folder is.

Or.. you just grab a 3rd party file manager that allows easy moving around of whatever files you want. FileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher
    03-15-11 08:49 PM
    that just seems like the pain-in-the-*** way to do it.. theirs gotta be a easier way that im not seeing
    Yep, it is a bit of a p.i.a. I haven't found a better way to do it on the phone itself, either. One thing that does help is that you can select multiple files to cut and paste by multi-touching the screen, so if you have a bunch that are being moved to the same place, you can move them all with one cut-and-paste operation. In fact I just realized how slick that works ... touch two pics at the same time, and it puts you in multi-select mode, which is indicated by two or more picture icons having a little check mark in the lower corner. Touch more that you want to add to the move list, or touch them again to uncheck them. Files with the check mark will be picked up when you do a Copy or Cut. I never saw that before.

The only other option is to plug it into your computer, open the card up in a couple of explorer windows and drag the pic files around that way.
    03-15-11 08:50 PM
    I dunno, maybe I'm not just seeing the pia...

Select multiple (hold select for popup menu), cut, scroll to folder, paste.
    Or use a 3rd party file browser (same thing you do on a PC), select multiple, move to a folder).
    03-15-11 08:54 PM
    well if i get a pic message and i wanna save the pic.. i gotta save the pic to the media card..copy and paste it into the proper folder then go back and erase the first one i saved ti the card..with any other bb i had i could save the pic from the message Str8 into the desired folder
    03-15-11 09:18 PM
    I dunno, maybe I'm not just seeing the pia...

Select multiple (hold select for popup menu), cut, scroll to folder, paste.
    Or use a 3rd party file browser (same thing you do on a PC), select multiple, move to a folder).
    No, you're right ... not really a pia now that I see how you can select multiples. I could be wrong, but I'm sure I tried that on an earlier OS (maybe as recent as 337) and it only moved one file, the one that was highlighted and not all the ones that were checked. It's either a fix they snuck in with 450, or I have indeed lost my mind.
    03-15-11 09:21 PM
    well if i get a pic message and i wanna save the pic.. i gotta save the pic to the media card..copy and paste it into the proper folder then go back and erase the first one i saved ti the card..with any other bb i had i could save the pic from the message Str8 into the desired folder
    Do a cut and paste instead and you won't have to go back to erase the first one you saved.

And another revelation (to me, anyway) ... open the picture from the SMS message, hit the menu and select Save Image, then open the location drop-down right under the image name (should be pre-filled with On Media Card). This should open up to display the options 'On Media Card', 'On Device' and 'Browse...'. If you select 'Browse...' it will bring up a list of sub-folders in your Pictures folder. You may only get the Browse... option if you have sub-folders in the Pictures folder. But that allowed me to save a pic from a text message directly to a sub-folder.
    03-15-11 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD