A couple of weeks ago, a corporate store put me on the waiting list for the Torch. The list does not guarantee that I will get a Torch, it is not a reservation, it only means they will call me when they get stock. For that reason, because I expected pretty high demand for the Torch and wasn't sure I could go line up for it when it's released, I decided to go to an independent dealer last Saturday and they took my reservation. This is a reservation, supposedly, but I didn't have to put any money down. They did look me up in the computer to confirm my eligibility and printed something out. I did not sign anything.

Fast forward to this afternoon, I call the dealer to see if they've received stocks. She tells me that the phone has been ordered but they have not received it yet. I asked if they will have it tomorrow and she says that they may, she doesn't know for sure. Tonight I got a call from the corporate store, they have received the phones and they will be available tomorrow.

Here's my dilemma. Who do I buy from? Do I take a chance on the dealer and hope they get the order tomorrow or go to the corporate store and buy it there? This is a new device in fairly high demand so I doubt anyone will get stuck with it, but I'm sure the corporate store would sell the phone the same day pretty much while it may be a bit more problematic for the dealer.

I'm sure the one who doesn't get my business will be upset at me. Both have been nice enough with me. I guess I'm at fault for being obsessive about this phone!
    09-29-10 07:14 PM
    I have an almost identical situation, and Im going with the people who can guarantee it will be in the store tomorrow when I line up at the crack of dawn, lol. They won't be out any money if you go somewhere else. Someone else will come along and buy the phone and they will still get the commission
    09-29-10 09:35 PM
    I'm doing this with Bell World and Future Shop.

I don't care, i'm not screwing anyone over, they are HUGE companies, they really don't care about my business, i'm one person out of thousands.

It's YOUR money, you spend it wherever you want to.
    09-29-10 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD