The mobipocket (for ereader) website says they support the 9800 Torch. When you use the 9800 web browser (as per their instructions) to try to download the reader, an error message comes up saying the phone is not supported. Has anyone successfully downloaded the mobi reader for the 9800?
    11-22-11 05:44 PM
    I didn't see anywhere that said they supported the 9800 but I went to m.mobipocket.com clicked on download mobipocket reader, then Blackberry, and then the Blackberry Storm/9500 (beta with touchscreen) and it works for me.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by staffman28; 11-22-11 at 07:32 PM.
    11-22-11 07:28 PM
    I didn't see anywhere that said they supported the 9800 but I went to m.mobipocket.com clicked on download mobipocket reader, then Blackberry, and then the Blackberry Storm/9500 (beta with touchscreen) and it works for me.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I can confirm that as well. Use the storm version, has touch screen (swiping to next page) support.
    12-01-11 07:43 PM
    my fave app... the pinch zooming and auto wordwrapping is great...

Also shift then # key will stop it running in the background
    12-03-11 04:50 PM
    my fave app... the pinch zooming and auto wordwrapping is great...

Also shift then # key will stop it running in the background
    My favorite as well... But i've never understood using the shift and # key?? inside the app it doesn't do anything and outside it just switches to vibrate mode on me. What am i doing wrong?
    12-03-11 05:36 PM
    My favorite as well... But i've never understood using the shift and # key?? inside the app it doesn't do anything and outside it just switches to vibrate mode on me. What am i doing wrong?
    if the app is "closed" from the menu as normal it'll still show up in app switcher... if you have the app in library view (not from within a book) and press shift first then # (not at the same time), the app will close and it will not show in app switcher as still running. Hope this makes sense...
    12-04-11 01:01 AM
    if the app is "closed" from the menu as normal it'll still show up in app switcher... if you have the app in library view (not from within a book) and press shift first then # (not at the same time), the app will close and it will not show in app switcher as still running. Hope this makes sense...
    Perfectly! Thanks
    12-04-11 07:32 PM
    I can confirm that as well. Use the storm version, has touch screen (swiping to next page) support.
    I have the current download for the storm and the touch screen doesn't work for the books themselves, but does work for the titles page. Are there some settings that I should be aware of?
    12-26-11 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD