I have an app (Enterprise IM) that I've been using on my new Torch. Today I can't find the icon. I've gone to every folder and tried to unhide, but nothing seems to be hidden. I can however do a search and it's there. I can select and use it, but now that seems the only way to do that.

I went into search options and unchecked the "Home Screen" to check that it now wouldn't find it.

But if I go to the home screen "All", and click the option button, I only have the option to "Hide", not "Show All".

I was hoping that I could somehow move it to a folder after finding it using search, but I don't seem to have that option either.

When I click the Options key, I get "Switch Application ; Close Tray; Move; Add Folder; Hide; Delete; Options"

Any thoughts?
    01-13-11 04:42 PM
    Uninstall reinstall? No idea on this one, if it's not hidden but you can find it with universal search.. Really no idea other then to uninstall and reinstall the app.
    01-13-11 04:44 PM
    that's what I was thinking, but thought I'd see if someone knew something I didn't. I just got this and don't know all the shortcuts yet
    01-13-11 04:48 PM
    If at the homescreen(or any folder), and the option to "show all" is not present then nothing is hidden.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a battery pull?
    t27SC likes this.
    01-13-11 04:51 PM
    not a thought to do that. but to humor you I did it... and it's back?
    I guess I should have thought of it. For anything else computer oriented I tell people when all else fails, pull the plug.
    Thanks for the inside tip
    01-13-11 05:06 PM
    Always check that and look under options > device > app management. If it is still installed it will be listed. When on BES, your admins can remove apps at their pleasure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 09:49 PM
    Same problem - missing BBM icon after doing BBM update - tried battery pull, show all, uninstall - reinstall. Still nada!

App Installation is verifiable via file explorer & folder check and 'installed' apps but no icon to execute.

Any ideas?

Torch 9800
    v.6.0.0.246 bundle 695
    01-17-12 06:24 AM
    Same problem - missing BBM icon after doing BBM update - tried battery pull, show all, uninstall - reinstall. Still nada!

App Installation is verifiable via file explorer & folder check and 'installed' apps but no icon to execute.

Any ideas?

Torch 9800
    v.6.0.0.246 bundle 695
    I just had the same problem you had and solved it by ( Be Sure to backup your device before doing this as you will lose everything including some installed apps)

1. Wiping the The whole Blackberry using Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) it's free After using the wipe feature of Blackberry Swiss Army Knife Wait for it to say that it'd wiped sucessfully then your blackberry will reboot and you will a 507 error but don't worry at this point using the load os feature it will take you into blackberry app loader and you can reinstall the OS.

2. Then I installed from a blank blackberry saying error 507 OS version 6.0 Bundle 2391

After that I got BBM back and everything was working much better and I actually had the same OS Version as you did before which was: v.6.0.0.246 bundle 695

Good Luck!
    Last edited by josh83; 01-18-12 at 04:41 PM.
    01-18-12 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD