I updated the software on my Torch to the newest one available per Desktop manager. OS6 3049 now my BB is acting up. When i try to open e-mail app or text message it hangs for a second or two opens the app and closes right away again.
    I have tried reverting back to the old software but the issue stayed. I reset the BB to factory settings to start with a clean slate, no 3rd party apps, just what is included from BB itself. No SIM or SD card. (same issue with SIM and SD)
    It also is very sluggish the little spinning sign comes on quite often and basic navigation is kind of lagging for a few seconds and then so fast it skips ahead of where you wanna go selecting apps.
    Any ideas?

BB torch 9800 used to be Bell but unlocked using on Koodo
    10-23-13 12:35 PM
    I would suggest loading the latest OS for the 9800 and not adding the old settings back in. Here is how you can do that.

[TIP]1) Download the latest OS from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ustria-760905/

2) Install the OS to your computer.

3) Delete the vender.xml files from your computer. You can find them located on your computer here:
    C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

4) Backup the data on your phone.

5) Preform a security wipe on your phone.

6) Restart your computer

7) Plug your phone into your computer.

8) Run the Loader.exe file found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Follow the instruction giving in the program.

9) Open up Desktop Manager and select "Restore". Then under the heading "Select Data to Restore" choose "Select device data and settings". From there only add back in your messages, SMS, MMS, contacts, and BBM. Do not select any of the settings options. [/TIP]

This should get your phone back to running like you want it.
    10-24-13 09:18 AM
    thanks for the recommendation but it did not help. running 3159 now but still the same issue, mail and text app closes itself down right after opening and performance lagging.
    I think I give up on BB and just switch to a cheap Android, for years I have been hanging on to BB but I think enough is enough.
    10-25-13 01:25 PM