Just did my media sync, had to go to blackberry.com/mediasync to download the software, but it works great and goes hand in hand with your itunes library. Very easy to manage. Let me know how everyone else fairs or if you have questions
    08-13-10 12:13 AM
    I remember hearing something about wireless sync'n over the wifi network. Does it have this feature?
    08-13-10 08:41 AM
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a thread explaining how this all works here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/wi...r-wifi-512867/

Link isn't working for some reason, but its on the front page of the Torch forums.
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 08-13-10 at 08:54 AM.
    08-13-10 08:51 AM
    Just did my media sync, had to go to blackberry.com/mediasync to download the software, but it works great and goes hand in hand with your itunes library. Very easy to manage. Let me know how everyone else fairs or if you have questions
    I'm struggling with how to get the DRM crap off of my iTunes right now and have a question for you. Do you have DRM-free iTunes or are you copying files that you uploaded to iTunes such as CDs, etc? I'm trying to figure out why anyone cares about having iTunes on the Blackberries if it doesn't play due to DRM. Thanks.
    08-13-10 08:54 AM
    My Torch has all of my Itunes music which came straight from the iTunes store. Some old, some as recent as two days ago. Not sure about the DRM but I am sure that all of my iTunes music is there. I did have to move the music vidoes over manually but they came across just fine.
    08-13-10 09:26 AM
    Dear Lionlines CEO: thank you SO MUCH!! I was pulling my hair up with Zomf.it which I found totally worthless and very frustrating. BB mediasync was/is effortless . Much appreciated
    09-02-10 02:00 AM
    FYI, you'll need to upgrade any DRM songs purchased in the Itunes store before syncing iTunes with the Torch. They won't make it over otherwise, and when you do a wifi music sync, they will show up as greyed-out with an "unsupported format" message underneath.

I coughed up over $25 to Apple to upgrade to "iTunes Plus" the less than 5% of my overall music collection that has DRM. Unfortunately, about a dozen or so songs weren't upgraded, even though I opted to Upgrade All. Some way-too-cheery Apple rep emailed me back when I inquired about this and told me that "music is continually added to the iTunes Store, so your upgrade offer can change at any time. Please check often to find new music available for upgrading." Thanks for nothing. This is why I switched to Amazon for downloading music.
    09-02-10 07:02 AM
    I'm struggling with how to get the DRM crap off of my iTunes right now and have a question for you. Do you have DRM-free iTunes or are you copying files that you uploaded to iTunes such as CDs, etc? I'm trying to figure out why anyone cares about having iTunes on the Blackberries if it doesn't play due to DRM. Thanks.
    I recently migrated to Windows Media Player because I just got fed up of all of the restrictions with iTunes.

To answer your question directly, the DRM thing was a pain the *** fortunately I only had about 120 songs with DRM on them. They way to get rid of it is not easy. You have to burn the songs onto CDs and then rip them again. Works pretty well but time consuming/annoying.

But I love WMP, and the wireless sync works great with my Torch.

I still rock my 8GB iPod Nano, which is great for the Gym which is the only reason I still have iTunes on my pcs at all.....
    09-02-10 08:23 AM
    I recently migrated to Windows Media Player because I just got fed up of all of the restrictions with iTunes.

To answer your question directly, the DRM thing was a pain the *** fortunately I only had about 120 songs with DRM on them. They way to get rid of it is not easy. You have to burn the songs onto CDs and then rip them again. Works pretty well but time consuming/annoying.

But I love WMP, and the wireless sync works great with my Torch.

I still rock my 8GB iPod Nano, which is great for the Gym which is the only reason I still have iTunes on my pcs at all.....
    There's a further degradation (of the already degraded mp3 format) when you rip a CD that you've burned in iTunes. If you can afford the 30� per song to upgrade the DRM songs to DRM-free in the iTunes store, it's worth it. Less hassle, too.

I'm partially with you, though, if I didn't need iTunes for the iPod 32GB classic I keep as a dedicated player in my car (and for my wife's iPhone), I'd just use WMP.
    09-02-10 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD