This is making me sad now!
    Keep getting a message, " A media card has been found that is not formatted, would you like to format it now?"
    Of course by doing this, I lose everything on the card
    When it first happened, I assumed it was a faulty card, so bought a new one (sandisk) and formatted it when I put it in. But it's happened again, 3 times.
    I do back up on my pc, but hadn't done it in time this time, lost all my kids sports day pics. Plus, I have to keep syncing my music onto it
    I have spoken to my service provider (?) but they hadn't heard of an issue with the Torch in this area.
    Anyone have any clue?
    Thanks in advance...
    07-14-11 02:09 PM
    Ok, I am in the same boat as you. I plugged in the BB Torch to charge, but used the USB Only method. Well, I forgot to use the "safely remove hardware" function. So I go to access my music and important files and get the same error. This has happened more than once. What is the deal here? I am tired of my media card blowing up because of one reason or another. This time, I have to recover those files as I have important personal information on there. Any ideas as to what I can do as well?

Extremely sad.
    07-14-11 02:29 PM
    It's sooo annoying! I always do 'safely remove hardware.' Still happens, and just randomly, not after doing anything in particular.
    Someone please help!!!
    (Thanks)
    07-14-11 02:35 PM
    I had mine checked and unchecked it. I hit save and the same message popped up. It wants me to format the media card. Honestly, I'm getting sick of BB. This is my 3rd Torch and I keep have media card issues, amongst other problems.
    07-14-11 02:39 PM
    Me too, it's unchecked
    07-14-11 02:42 PM
    In had the same problem twice. I could not find a solution so i just used pc inspector to recover all the pics and videos stored on the media card. I recommend u do the same.
    U will get back all ur pics. It takes a while but it works. Connect ur media card to ur pc and recover the lost pics
    07-14-11 02:51 PM
    Thankyou Kings... tried that after you're advice, none of my missing pics or vids are on my card any more
    07-14-11 04:24 PM
    Thankyou Kings... tried that after you're advice, none of my missing pics or vids are on my card any more
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-14-11 04:52 PM

Griggy, did you format the media card before finding the files? Did you hit yes instead of no?

07-14-11 04:54 PM
    I tried hitting no, still lost everything...
    the first time I hit yes, same outcome
    07-14-11 04:56 PM
    Hate to state some obvious things to try, but sometimes things can be overlooked.

1. Battery pull
    2. OS reinstall
    3. Try the cards in another BB, device, or media reader on a PC

If the cards work on all other devices, and reinstalling the Torch OS doesn't help, there's likely a hardware problem with your card slot.

Good luck!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-15-11 08:54 AM
    did u use pc inspector?
    That can find all the lost pics for u
    07-16-11 09:36 AM
    Hey Griggy,

I too lost everything on my Micro SD card. I tried repairing the disk, using an external card reader, pc inspector, and nothing worked. I am in the midst of doing and OS upgrade now. I will see the the updated OS will read it, but I highly doubt it since no computer can read the card.

I'm a huge BB fan, but when you rely on your phone as much I as do, this is unacceptable. I think it's time to move on.

Sorry you lost your data. We are in the same boat.
    07-16-11 02:50 PM
    Could be the OS, one of the tour OS's would ask to format it every time I plugged it into the computer but my files were fine. I went back to an older OS and the problem was gone.

Any of you just update your OS?
    07-16-11 03:11 PM
    Hi rrrebo, have done many battery pulls as the bloody things always freezing too! The card works fine in my pc... so I'll be trying the OS reinstall, Thank you.

Hello Radgirl, I know, it sucks! Gonna try the above too and see where it gets me! have seriously been put off BB's!

Hi kbz1960! I haven't done anything to the OS so far...
    07-19-11 09:34 AM
    Oh and Kings, I did use PC Inspector, there was nothing on my card
    07-19-11 09:35 AM
    Sounding like it's a problem with the card slot in your phone.
    07-19-11 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD