After my latest backup on my Torch, it prompted me to upgrade to OS 6.0.0.246. After the upgrade, I lost the ability to send any pictures from my media card, and when I take pictures on my camera, it won't save to my media card (only to the device if the media card is disabled). I spent all afternoon on the phone with AT&T and Blackberry Tech Support doing everything including completely wiping the device, formatting my media card, and installing a brand new media card. I went and got a new Torch from AT&T, and after doing a restore, Desktop Manager prompted me to upgrade the OS again. Now I have the same issue again.

When I take a picture with the camera, it gives me a "File Syntax Error", and if I try to save a attached picture from an email, I just get a red "X" and it doesn't save.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can't get this solved, it may be time to move onto an IPhone (much to my dismay).
    12-13-10 09:26 PM
    Have you try a battery pull?
    12-13-10 09:33 PM
    I've battery pulled, quick-pulled, and restarted more times than I care to remember at this point.
    12-13-10 09:43 PM
    Go to Options>device>storage, then make sure the media card support is checked.
    12-13-10 09:54 PM
    sounds like it could be a bug with the update, maybe someone else will report the same problem
    12-13-10 10:01 PM
    upgrade your OS
    12-14-10 01:14 AM
    if the media card is empty it wouldn't hurt to format it. does desktop manager recognize it?
    12-14-10 09:26 AM
    I've never heard of this problem but since it happened to 2 devices and both right after the upgrade to .246, why not try downloading .337 or even .246 and manually install them. Could be a bug in the OS you downloaded(my thinking since it happened to 2 devices right after an OS upgrade).

Instead of using DM to upgrade, why not download .246 or .337 and install it to your pc and use loader.exe instead of using desktop manager(DM) to install the OS. Instruction can be found on one of the stickies at the top of this forum.
    12-14-10 09:31 AM
    I have the same problem after upgrading to OS 6 on my Sprint 9650. Under Options/device/Storage it says "media card not installed". HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-24-10 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD