Hi guys,

Its been couple of weeks now since I switched to a torch from the humble 9000 and its been absolutely brilliant until now. Since the last two nights, i have my battery hovering around the 50% mark when i hit the sack and 6 odd hours post that event, i find my phone switched off completely drained of its battery. I have no idea why this is happening as i don't have any sorta brain draining applications installed.

All i have is a few themes, Msn, Gtalk and a few other apps which shouldn't really cause a drain of this magnitude. Besides that, the battery seems to be working perfectly. Its just at night for some weird as reason it seems to develop a mind of its own and do this . Anyone
    03-09-11 01:49 AM
    Lower your resolution and backlight time, and you should see some improvement. Also people have found better battery life by using 2G. For me, all it took was lowering screen brightness and backlight time, and I get 2.5 days max of battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 01:57 AM
    Resolution is at 60% and back light time is at 10 seconds as of now. But that shouldn't really matter considering the phone is not really being used for those 6 odd hours.

My phone is also perceptually on 2g mode so even 3g doesn't come into play ever!
    03-09-11 02:01 AM
    Maybe possibly it could be the battery itself is bad or the charging connection is not charging correctly. Since its been a few weeks, you can go into the store and see if it is a bad battery or charger. Maybe all you need is a new battery.

03-09-11 02:17 AM
    Well i might have to consider the possibility of being handed a bad battery! Because the charging goes on pretty smoothly otherwise and there aren't any apparent problems!
    03-09-11 02:26 AM
    Its worth the try

nikhilpillay likes this.
    03-09-11 02:29 AM
    Oh i also forgot to mention that immediately after i turn back on in the morning, my icons seem to revert to its original position. all my customization seems to go away.

I am using .448 and seemed to have no such problems when i was on .450. Do u reckon its a firmware issue?
    03-09-11 02:45 AM
    I recall reading about a similar problem somewhere in this forum...

Maybe its a bug in the OS or in the phone itself. Unfortunately, there were some unfortunate builds of the phone. Not sure if that is what's happening. But reinstalling the OS or .450 could be another option you should consider.

03-09-11 07:04 AM
    Check your usage under options...sometimes there are programs running that you thought were closed. Those could be a huge battery drain.

Also see what's running at any given time and see if there's something you don't need. The Torch is a battery drain compared to other Blackberrys but it sounds like yours is worst than normal.
    03-09-11 08:12 AM
    I would definitely reinstall your OS.

This happened to me on .450.

I'm now on .448 and everything (touch wood) is aok.

I don't think it's your battery, go for the reinstall.
    03-09-11 09:47 AM
    Check your usage under options...sometimes there are programs running that you thought were closed. Those could be a huge battery drain.

Also see what's running at any given time and see if there's something you don't need. The Torch is a battery drain compared to other Blackberrys but it sounds like yours is worst than normal.
    Nah i don't think that's the issue. I don't have many apps installed on my phone and the ones i have are mem friendly.

I would definitely reinstall your OS.

This happened to me on .450.

I'm now on .448 and everything (touch wood) is aok.

I don't think it's your battery, go for the reinstall.
    I did go in to the store for an exchange but they claimed the battery is sweet as. I reinstalled the OS so fingers crossed, lets see how it holds up tonight.
    03-09-11 01:27 PM
    Hi guys,

Its been couple of weeks now since I switched to a torch from the humble 9000 and its been absolutely brilliant until now. Since the last two nights, i have my battery hovering around the 50% mark when i hit the sack and 6 odd hours post that event, i find my phone switched off completely drained of its battery. I have no idea why this is happening as i don't have any sorta brain draining applications installed.

All i have is a few themes, Msn, Gtalk and a few other apps which shouldn't really cause a drain of this magnitude. Besides that, the battery seems to be working perfectly. Its just at night for some weird as reason it seems to develop a mind of its own and do this . Anyone
    What are these "few other apps" you don't mention? You'd be surprised at the apps that suck the life out of the battery. I would check those before I reinstalled the OS. Also, it might be worth the couple of dollars to invest in MeterBerry so you can get track your battery usage.

03-09-11 04:51 PM
    What are these "few other apps" you don't mention? You'd be surprised at the apps that suck the life out of the battery. I would check those before I reinstalled the OS. Also, it might be worth the couple of dollars to invest in MeterBerry so you can get track your battery usage.

Whatsapp messenger, one touch flashlight, BEIKS Cocktails Dictionary, Who is it LED Notifier, Easy Smiley Pack. Yep that's about it!
    03-10-11 12:20 AM
    I find this on my Torch sometimes, It's could be static on the battery or something, but I go to bed with a full charge and wake to a dead phone. What I do is pull the battery, leave it for a couple of minutes then replace it. This works for me. Good luck with yours.
    03-10-11 01:38 AM
    Whatsapp messenger, one touch flashlight, BEIKS Cocktails Dictionary, Who is it LED Notifier, Easy Smiley Pack. Yep that's about it!
    Has the reinstall helped?
    03-10-11 02:54 AM
    Why don't you wipe thru BBSAK and install OS without any application. Observe 1-2 days, then keep installing one by one and observe . I am sure you fill find culprit application.
    03-10-11 04:51 AM
    Ok update time folks.
    Reinstalling seems to have helped for the time being. My phone dint go crazy on me this fine morning so fingers crossed, all seems good. Still flummoxed about the random rearrangement of icons though.
    03-10-11 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD