I wonder if I should get an app to mask my IP address on my bb, or just do it on my PC. My bb is hooked to my wifi all the time, any ideas?

Also..

How can I test the speed of my bb over the internet? I wanna see how fast it is in loading web pages. What is a good speed, and how can I improve my speed if it is not fast enough?
    04-15-11 02:28 PM
    You're basically talking about using a proxy server.

If it's on BIS (non wifi) then you don't need a proxy anyways.
    Sainthak likes this.
    04-15-11 02:30 PM
    04-15-11 04:22 PM
    You're basically talking about using a proxy server.

If it's on BIS (non wifi) then you don't need a proxy anyways.
    Why would I not need a proxy server if i' am on BIS?
    04-15-11 04:26 PM
    Because the exposed ipaddress when using BIS is the BIS server ip, not your personal one. Which is why sites often think you are in canada on BIS.
    Sainthak likes this.
    04-15-11 04:32 PM
    You could also go through proxy.org if you want another layer.
    Sainthak likes this.
    04-15-11 11:57 PM
    Because the exposed ipaddress when using BIS is the BIS server ip, not your personal one. Which is why sites often think you are in canada on BIS.
    spot on there Papped. Its actually hard to do a speedtest with BIS since RIM compresses the data. But, if you wanna just do it for fun you can try
    Mobile Speed test, i use it often (and in no way affiliated with it). Placed like dslreports . com (also broadbandreports.com) wont even let you speed test a BB, but of course you can on a iPhone.
    Sainthak likes this.
    04-16-11 12:08 AM
    I didn't know that. Thanks.
    04-16-11 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD