I just bought myself a BB Torch and i can't find maps pre-installed in it.Is it only my Blackberry or none of the Torches come pre-installed with maps????
    06-11-11 04:36 PM
    I don't know if you are with at&t or not, but at&t usually hides BB maps.
    06-11-11 05:01 PM
    What carrier are you on? The Vendor ID of AT&T (.vsm file) BlackBerry smartphones prevents the maps application from showing on the homescreen.

You can still access the maps from clicking on things in the phone that use them, like addresses in messages or memos.
    06-11-11 05:02 PM
    Download and install the link below from you phone and it should give you an icon to launch maps.

http://www.gln.bz/dl/bbmapslaunch.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AugustArborists likes this.
    06-11-11 06:05 PM
    my service provider is AirTel
    06-14-11 05:45 AM
    If it's not installed on your phone at all you will have to use the Desktop Manager to install it on your phone or search the forum for an OTA download.

06-14-11 08:43 AM
    So far I have not lost the bbmaps icon 9800 even over upgrading from 576 to the 600 hybrid. Numerous battery pulls afterwards. 2 9800s and a 9700...

06-14-11 10:36 AM
    Maybe it depend if u have data plan or not for ur phone if u activate a plan with them and it have data it should automatically be pre-downloaded for u on ur phone

06-14-11 03:44 PM
    Not true. BBMaps is not loaded OTA. It comes preinstalled by default. You can verify it is installed by launching DM with the device connected and clicking on applications within DM. BBMaps will be in the list. If it is installed, go to mobile.blackberry.com from you device and install the launcher... Otherwise if it is not installed, check the box and hit apply. Also make sure the launcher is not just hidden.

06-14-11 09:44 PM
    Google maps is the only thing I use. Google it from ur mobile browser

06-14-11 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD