Hi all, i use a 9800 and a 8800 and need to maintain the same contacts on the two devices. I tried the switch device options but the 8800 lost all contacts once i uploaded its software.

Could anyone help me how to copy all my contacts from 9800 to 8800? Thanks in advance.
    09-16-12 11:15 PM
    Hi all, i use a 9800 and a 8800 and need to maintain the same contacts on the two devices. I tried the switch device options but the 8800 lost all contacts once i uploaded its software.

Could anyone help me how to copy all my contacts from 9800 to 8800? Thanks in advance.
    Why not just use Google Sync on both devices?

Set this up on one device with the contacts already on. Sync. Then install on the second device and use the same settings to sync.
    09-30-12 02:02 AM
    backup your contact of the device you want to copy the contact from using desktop DM and then restore the backup to the other device you want the contact to be copied to. It works, everytime.
    09-30-12 02:43 AM
    or is it possible to use blackberry protect on both phone and then download it to each phone? sound logical since bb protect uses wifi to download to any blackberry as long as u key in the correct email and password.
    10-02-12 03:48 AM
    The easiest way to do this, IMO is to open an e-mail account like GMail. Put all your contacts into your gmail account and then add that e-mail account to both phones making sure you select contacts in what to sync. The BIS server will take care of the sync between Gmail and your devices. Make a change to one of your contacts and it will sync to everything else.

What sucks is having to manually enter your contacts into something like GMail.

I do this now with several different accounts (work/personal) and several different devices (work/personal) and it just works.

This also protects you from your phone blowing up and not having a recent backup of your contacts.
    10-05-12 09:01 AM
    The easiest way to do this, IMO is to open an e-mail account like GMail. Put all your contacts into your gmail account and then add that e-mail account to both phones making sure you select contacts in what to sync. The BIS server will take care of the sync between Gmail and your devices. Make a change to one of your contacts and it will sync to everything else.

What sucks is having to manually enter your contacts into something like GMail.

I do this now with several different accounts (work/personal) and several different devices (work/personal) and it just works.

This also protects you from your phone blowing up and not having a recent backup of your contacts.
    By using google sync instead you do not need to manually add the contacts to the gmail account. Google sync will take care of that for you.
    10-06-12 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD