I was using TaskManager by Leetcom on my previous BB (description found here: TaskManager - Leetcom - Utilities BlackBerry Apps ) Essentially, it told you what programs were running in the background and gave you the option to close one or all of them from within the TaskManager app. The app's icon was a green trash bin, and would have a notification icon when you had apps running.

Unfortunately, it's not compatible with the 9800, and I'm having trouble finding as similar app. Meterberry, TaskManager and deProcMan are the only three I've found, but from their descriptions they only seem to tell me what processes are running. Can anyone recommend a similar program to TaskManager that will give me the option to close the running apps?

Cheers!

PS: Mods, sorry if this post should have been in 3rd Party Apps. I took a shot here since it's Torch-specific, but feel free to move it
    11-14-10 06:36 AM
    I'm looking for the exact same thing for my torch. Have you had a response yet from anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 01:58 AM
    It is incredible to me that there is not a Task Manager App for the Torch that allows you to easily CLOSE ALL. Seems silly to have to go the Switch Application over and over and it still does not close everything. Dumb.
    12-11-10 07:39 AM
    You do realize that pressing and holding the bb button will show you what is running?

I know it wont close them but rather will switch to them and allow you to manually close them the proper way. I would think(purely speculation here) that killing apps in this manner would cause undesirable effects in the apps because they didn't have a chance to close and save properly(similar to killing processing in windows).
    12-11-10 07:45 AM
    If you've got a Torch and would like to check out our got-2 Pro application, please go to MobiHand.com and use Coupon Code "got2ProTorch" at checkout. We have tested on our Torch but would like your feedback as well. The coupon expires on 12/31 or on 10 downloads whichever occurs first.

Please share your feedback with [email protected] or on our forum site (forum.gwhizmobile.com)

got-2 Pro gives you all your near-term tasks and appointments are on one easy to read screen
    Get location based alerts when you're near a task location - saves you time, gas, and a little sanity - never backtrack again!
    Get time/date based alerts
    Synchronizes with popular calendaring tools
    Attach a list to a task item so you're reminded to both go someplace AND remember everything you need when you get there
    Establish hierarchical relationships between tasks/subtasks and appointments/agenda items
    Expand and collapse visibility to subtasks and agenda items so you can focus on what's important

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Best Regards,
    gwhizmobile
    12-15-10 07:49 PM
    If you've got a Torch and would like to check out our got-2 Pro application, please go to MobiHand.com and use Coupon Code "got2ProTorch" at checkout. We have tested on our Torch but would like your feedback as well. The coupon expires on 12/31 or on 10 downloads whichever occurs first.

Please share your feedback with [email protected] or on our forum site (forum.gwhizmobile.com)

got-2 Pro gives you all your near-term tasks and appointments are on one easy to read screen
    Get location based alerts when you're near a task location - saves you time, gas, and a little sanity - never backtrack again!
    Get time/date based alerts
    Synchronizes with popular calendaring tools
    Attach a list to a task item so you're reminded to both go someplace AND remember everything you need when you get there
    Establish hierarchical relationships between tasks/subtasks and appointments/agenda items
    Expand and collapse visibility to subtasks and agenda items so you can focus on what's important

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Best Regards,
    gwhizmobile
    Sounds like a nice promo. But the OP was asking about a Task manager aka a Process Manager. An app to view and kill running(hanging) processes. If you guys could make one of those and give it away for free, thattd be GREAT. I don't mind an ad supported version, but don't pull that crap that jared co and drivesale.ly do with your personal information. That is all
    Lol

12-15-10 07:55 PM
    There is a program called Task Manager that worked fine for me up to 246 on the Torch. What makes you think the one you listed is not compatiable with the Torch?

Here is the one I used.

Superstore

12-15-10 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD