Hi All. I have been using RIM devices for a little over 3 years now. Unfortunately, I sold my most recent device, the 9700, and went to an Android powered Atrix (regretfully). It didn't take me long to realize the mistake I had made and I came running back.

So, I sold my Atrix and bought a used 9800 because it was rather difficult to find a good condition used 9700. The 9800 I bought wasn't in that great of shape so I filed a claim on the "no longer working" 9800 and had a brand new 9800 in my hand the next day.

I must say I am very impressed with the 9800 so far. I wasn't sure how much I would like a touch screen BB device but it seems rather handy. I certainly like having the option to use the touch screen over the track pad, on occasion. Even the virtual keyboard works fairly well, though I prefer the physical keyboard, of course.

I have a nice new device that works as it should and will hold me over well until the 9900 comes to AT&T and some of the comotion, supply shortage and lines die down after the release of it. (OK, maybe I am being a little optimistic about the demand!) If I enjoy the 9800's touch screen this much, as well as the physical keyboard, the 9900 will be the best of both worlds combined into a very nice, new and sleek looking device.

I feel like a trader to the folks in the 9700 forum now!
    07-28-11 04:44 PM
    Welcome to the Torch family. We recently added a 9700 to our household but the Torch remains my choice.

The 9900 looks to be really exciting. The waiting is tough but one day the stores will let us try one. The combination of touch screen and keyboard is a killer IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 06:45 PM
    I'm new (as of yesterday) to the Torch as well. Have a 9700 for backup that I loved but I was really looking for a larger screen. My hubby already owned a Torch but I hadn't played on it that much. So far I'm liking it alot.
    07-29-11 06:31 AM
    Welcome to the Torch. I'm glad you saw the light and came back to BlackBerry. My friend has an Android phone and regrets leaving her BlackBerry.
    07-29-11 09:29 AM
    I feel like a trader to the folks in the 9700 forum now!
    Well you definitely are a trader, but I doubt you are a traitor. Just think of it this way; you traded up to a Torch, the phone that the 9700 always wanted to be.

You may find it hard to go back to the smaller screen of the new 9900 when it hits the market, so there is always the Torch 9810 coming soon to your local ATT carrier!
    07-29-11 09:55 AM
    Androids aren't for everyone.

Welcome back
    jlp916 likes this.
    07-29-11 01:22 PM
    I've also been using Blackberrys for about 3 years. I recently got a Torch and love it. Used to have a BB 8310 Curve. Some companies haven't caught up with the BB 6 OS. They may think they have Blackberry software but it doesn't always work with the Torch. Now BB 7 is coming and companies are slow catching up with OS 6. Need to tell companies with older BB software to catch up. So I've found you need to be sure software supports the Torch before trying it.
    08-03-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD