because of that warm welcome ive got when i first posted in this forum, ive decided to post this one here!

i was so fixed up to my N95 because of its comfortable accessibility to every possible need, that i had to make sure my next phone will be most similar to this idea.
    i have replaced my N95 because it got old, poor thing, it has been like 6 years since i got it and it got really weary.

i had searched for non-touch experience, im not sayin that not at all but i have got to feel the button when i press it. got it sorted with 2 heads of ways, an advanced one or a need-filling one, and as the second choice was the bb9800, eventually went with both within one.

ive got my torch for one month now and been missing my N95 because the 9800 didnt have things that i got really used to, a level of routine.
    got to have a quality structure, battery, reception, speakers, an ease of accessibility, ofc durability. had to have those things too:
    1. a simple and useful task manager
    2. blacklist
    3. documents (including PDF) software
    4. music identifier
    5. a flashlight
    6. GPS

when i got it i had found that a few of these werent there, so i started a great search for my comfortability.
    1. battery, reception, speakers, accessibility- surprisingly good!
    2. useful task manager, i have searched lots for a replacement application for it because the one that built in saves battery and make it easier to access stuff but it is lass than comfortable and useful, you cant kill any apps from it, just accessing them. i know that lots of people are pissed off about it and eventually ive found 2 replacements.
    3. it does not read PDFs from your SD card.
    4. it does not show the time when youre in a menu window or something.
    5. the headset you get with the device is damn uncomfortable, and i couldnt use my fav ones only because the blackberry doesnt get them to play music right!
    6. in the N95 ive had 2 slider boards, one of them used to control just the music so i could change the song whilst the phone is inside my pocket.
    7. camera is not that good. its 5mp of a very unprofessional lens and doesnt have a timer option.
    8. browser isnt that fast.

solutions:
    1. with the version of OS i got, the wifi didnt work nor my 3g so ive updeted to the new 6.0.0.706 OS, installed a desired language pack and everything got better.
    2. an app called task manager (i know, it was that hard to find) manages kinda sufficient the needs of a useful one and an app called force close finishes the job.
    3. repligo reader is most useful for PDF reading.
    4. menu scanner gives you the option to add the time and even the battery level and temperature to your menu button.
    5. you will want to costume the main "All" window and not use the "favorites" window because the "All" is the default screen.
    6. when the phone is in your pocket and you listening to music, you can change the songs to the next and previous with the volume buttons!!

conclusion!!
    i just love the combo of touch joystick button, touch screen and physical keyboard (that seems scary at first but you get used to it fast enough), it is beautiful and solid.
    and after i got my phone to be comfortable enough, i can honestly say that it is a very recommended one, as a smartphone and as an escaping and work unit. (more useful and utilized than iphone and any other of the big unnecessary ones ive tried)

hope that was useful as i needed a post like this at the beginning

Last edited by y0dy0d; 01-25-12 at 03:50 PM.
    01-25-12 03:31 PM
    Um, am I missing something here? Is the 9800 still sold?
    01-25-12 03:40 PM
    it is a wonderful peace of work that worth considering.
    01-25-12 03:56 PM
    the 9800 is the only phone that I've kept for this long(1y3mo). i normally switch like every 8months! i would like to go for the 9900 but I'm holding off for the BB10 devices.
    01-25-12 09:47 PM
    the 9800 is the only phone that I've kept for this long(1y3mo). i normally switch like every 8months! i would like to go for the 9900 but I'm holding off for the BB10 devices.
    I think BB 9900 is nice and good
    01-26-12 03:29 AM
    Thanks for the review! You mentioned GPS so I thought I would tell you that blackberry traffic is excellent, especially since they added voice nav!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    y0dy0d likes this.
    01-26-12 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD