Can anyone recommend me an app or a solution please.
    I have the Torch but the lock button is so weak it just unlocks in my pocket all the time, just a nightmare.
    I love the phone but this is just annoying me, a lot.
    05-18-11 12:28 PM
    pattern lock is a popular one (not free thought)

Touch Unlock is free
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 05-18-11 at 12:47 PM.
    05-18-11 12:29 PM
    turn on the password lock?
    Tim Waddy likes this.
    05-18-11 12:41 PM
    Use a leather oem pocket holster pouch with a built in sleeper magnet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 08:36 PM
    I don't know about you Tbrenn, but the way I look at it is, a holster is for old people who feel the need to carry obscene amounts of items in their pockets and have no space for a phjone in their pockets OR, a hipster.

Tldr: lolololol holster.

05-18-11 09:02 PM
    I don't know about you Tbrenn, but the way I look at it is, a holster is for old people who feel the need to carry obscene amounts of items in their pockets and have no space for a phjone in their pockets OR, a hipster.

Tldr: lolololol holster.

Thanks Auntie J! Great added content to this thread... I was refering to the leather pouch, not a belt clip holster. The kind that used to come with the pearl 81xx and curbe 83xx series. It doesn't add too much space, fits in pockets, (unless you are a hipster, wearing 'jeggings'), will protect the device from loose coins etc... It also has a sleeper magnet to solve the OP's issue of unlocking the device in the pocket.

The oem ones for the torch are quite thin, and IMO practical...that's why it's called an opinion... Doesn't make it right or wrong, just a suggestion

05-18-11 09:11 PM
    I purchased Autolock. Really simple to use, cheap & actually works!

05-18-11 09:31 PM
    What Steff said. Password lock.
    05-18-11 09:49 PM
    I need to know if the Torch has the ability to use the * and Send button to unlock the phone my Bold 9700 had that feature. MY very smart three year old knows how to press the unlock button.
    I did not what to set up a password and I do not want to walk around the house with my case because it is in an Otterbox.
    If not is there a free app to download so I can keep my son from sending every one emotes and happy faces.
    05-21-11 10:55 AM
    I need to know if the Torch has the ability to use the * and Send button to unlock the phone my Bold 9700 had that feature. MY very smart three year old knows how to press the unlock button.
    I did not what to set up a password and I do not want to walk around the house with my case because it is in an Otterbox.
    If not is there a free app to download so I can keep my son from sending every one emotes and happy faces.
    I don't think the torch supports this feature. You could use a third party app (some are free) such as pattern lock. Also, just don't let the kid touch the blackberry... Put it on a counter, shelf etc...

05-21-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD