Is it just me or does that photo make the blackberry slider look more like that LG slider they had called the shine..

Personally I think a slider concept for bb is ridiculous..there is no absolute need for this, if you really want a slider get a phone that was designed as a slider and not a blakberry posing as a slider, the concept is old and really pointless. This is just rim overstepping their boundaries and being late to the party..

The storm was a another model that was iffy, I phone had a touchsreen and that was doing fine bb is loosing their edge by creating phones that are not blackberrys. A blackberry is known by its box shape half sreen half qwerty keyboard...just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 01:57 PM
    There's no comparison between the Shine and this new Berry Slider other than they are both sliders. The Shine is smaller and not nearly as powerful as this berry will be.
    03-06-10 02:07 PM
    Is it just me or does that photo make the blackberry slider look more like that LG slider they had called the shine..

Personally I think a slider concept for bb is ridiculous..there is no absolute need for this, if you really want a slider get a phone that was designed as a slider and not a blakberry posing as a slider, the concept is old and really pointless. This is just rim overstepping their boundaries and being late to the party..

The storm was a another model that was iffy, I phone had a touchsreen and that was doing fine bb is loosing their edge by creating phones that are not blackberrys. A blackberry is known by its box shape half sreen half qwerty keyboard...just my opinion.

you have to be joking when you say there is no absolute need for this right?
    ok then you go on to say rim has overstepped their boundaries. you have no clue whats this about at all. mobile industry is a competitive industry. companies have to continue to build their consumer basis. rim's motive for the blackberry slider is directed towards the younger generation. by opening up a blackberry slider platform, rim has opened up to lure kids into their growing consumer basis. rim has had firsthand view of how the iphone appeals to kids. they want to do the same. to beat your competitor in this case apple, you have to take marketing risks.this is where the slider plays a pivotal role. i agree with you a little bit when you say the blackberry storm is an iffy phone. but i don't agree with you entirely. the blackberry storm did start off iffy but that was because the device was rushed to the market with bugs. but rim fixed the bugs overtime. the blackberry storm 2 is becoming a crowd pleaser. rim is working on the storm 3. so all signs point to rim being happy with its storm models.
    03-07-10 01:15 AM
    I think some people need to realize blackberries are no longer JUST business phones. Rim is designing the phones to meet everyone's needs & wants to make a good business phone & a fun phone that people can enjoy. To pigeon hold yourself to one idea can break a company. But I do think some people need to lighten up & realize its not just for business use like it use to be. Look at the software & hardware that's put into the phones now a days & look at the phones from a couple years ago. They're much different and they're marketed for everyone.

03-08-10 03:40 PM
    I for one am excited about a 'Berry slider. I'm really attracted to slider phones but also want to keep the amazing versatility of my Tour. I know a comparison can't be made between the Tour and a slider but I'm excited for the possibilities.
    03-09-10 12:18 AM
    RIM has re-made the Audiovox XV6600
    03-09-10 11:55 AM
    hah. except when this RIM slider comes out it'll be with OS 6! and not gay windows Mobile
    03-09-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD