Imagine having no cellular service on your BlackBerry for two weeks - reasons, unknown.

With no way to connect to Facebook, check your Twitter updates, or browse the web. What would you do?

Would you consider your device useless, or find some creative ways to make use of it without cellular service? (Don't cheat & use WiFi.)

Being in my position, I decided to make use of a Blackberry without any Internet.

Apps of honourable mentions?

MemoPad - For helping me keep notes, poetry, short stories when I'm bored.

Documents To Go (3 Beta [that one that never got u-p-d-a-t-e-d for OS6) - for typing large documents and presentations.

Camera, Pix Trix - For taking cool photos & transferring them to the computer.

Music - Dude, I need music.

Videos - Hey, I have a computer. Why not transfer a movie on to my phone to keep me occupied when I can't sleep at night? Perfect!

Anyway, what would you do? Dump & ditch or pick & hitch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 02:30 AM
    I'd probably cheat and use Wi-fi
    11-11-11 03:53 AM
    Considering I use my Torch for social media and as a comms tool. I'd be prettu lost. But it is a good point, that what we have, we take for granted everyday and if there was no signal on our Blackberry's what would I still use;

- Still listen to music
    - Watch a movie or a tv series
    - I have a couple of apps that I would still use to keep my organised such as Viira (GTD system), Evernote which now save notes offline until it syncs with a connection.
    - Use my calendar to know what I am suppose to be doing and when.
    - My phone is still my alarm. Simple I know, but you know how it is if your alarm doesn't go off.
    - Capture videos or photos when i am out and about.
    - Use my Torch as a flashlight when I am fumbling for my keys.
    - Having a PDF reader. I would still be able to read documents from work if I copied straight to my SD card

Thats all I can think of at the moment.....
    11-11-11 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD