Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm not noticing a big difference either. Tinymeter was showing a slightly higher than usual average discharge rate at first, but it's gone down to the usual rate now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

6.0.0.747 also has that batter drainage problem. i installed it and i hardley get a days backup ion my torch 9800. why dont they solve it
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    25D9ED96

I was on Bell .706. A day after the upgrade I am noticing less battery drain. After 48 hours with moderate use (no GPS, no Wifi, Bluetooth on and bridge connected) I am at 45%.

On .706 I was usually at 50% at the end of the day, and was experiencing fast drain after 40%.

Everything else seems to be the same, and no issues with registering BIS or Email setup as others have reported.

The only other thing is now I am getting consistent download speeds of 1.5 mbps on WAP2 and Cellular using Fancy Speed Test.

I have a Rogers branded phone, but I am on Koodo (Telus). Maybe using carrier specific OS helps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Latest Official OS Torch 9800 6.0.0.747 from Telus

how we doing out there guys???
    been a couple of week on the OS now, anything to report or all fine???
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Latest Official OS Torch 9800 6.0.0.747 from Telus

same here,if you check with your device you will find nothing except on the web.

via BlackBerry 9800
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    889 Global Posts

I upgraded to 747 from 706. I don't see major improvement nor minor improvement.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E

On 747 I'm missing a few apps; most importantly BB Maps. Can't find it in AppWorld. AppWorld not recognizing 2/3 of the apps I have installed and none that I have deleted. Showing no available updates even though I've been notified by email of an update to one of my apps. Freaking FAIL! So tired of this crap.
    CrackBerry Master

Default Latest Official OS Torch 9800 6.0.0.747 from Telus

Why am i on 6.0.0.26 something?

lol I want to install an hybrid and the recommended bundle is the 747 :s

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I´m sexy and i know it! ("Music? What music?")
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've gotta say after a couple of days on this OS I'm not impressed with the battery drain! Average use and a 20 minute call has seen a 20 minute charge via the computer and just tripped back into Low Battery warning! Was on .660 before and would have seen 40% left for the same use,
    Had to reload some .COD's as a couple of themes refused to transfer over as they've now gone paid and same for multi alarms! But all else seems much like All the old OS's! After a couple of hours its no real difference! ;--)

Apart from the battery life! :-D
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2768634B

I instaled the last update last night almost everthing is ok except one and I don't know why I running the last Twitter app and the last Facebook Beta app plus the last update of BBM problem is can't sync any app with my BBM even Color ID app doesn't want to sync...somebody know why?
    CrackBerry Addict

I've noticed as well after the update my battery drain is huge. I spent today doing a number of tweets after my BB was on its charger all night and by noon the dreaded....BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP and red battery. Nothing else is running in background out of the ordindary.

I've had to keep it on my charger most of the day or have one at the ready for when I'm on the road.

Do I need a new battery?
    CrackBerry Abuser

My battery drained like Crazy for the first few days, even with a careful eye on what Was running in the background, but settled and is pretty much normal now, average use for me, lot of facebook, twitter, mixture of bbm, email and text all day, the odd call and can get a day from it, wifi onall the time too, every so often it throws a wobbly and Roasts the battery requiring a charge to last the night!
    My battery is 18 months old btw.

My colour I'd has been fine since the upgrade, took a momet to kick itself into Life mind, but since the third day or so when it started has been no problems! (Paid version)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2768634B

now everything is running fine I download blackberry messenger 7 in beta, I'll check for my battery
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanyx View Post
    now everything is running fine I download blackberry messenger 7 in beta, I'll check for my battery
    Warning: BBM 7 Beta put my Torch 9800 into continuous reboot. (And this has happened to a few others too - check the Beta Zone)
    CrackBerry User

hrm... BBM5...oh I did not miss you. Ok, re-downloading BBM7.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2768634B

I didn't have any problem running BBM7 but when my BB is connected Wi-Fi he always post a weird message about adress... didn't why...I got issu with my battery either
    CrackBerry User

Telus QC had the following notice about the upgrade.

Notifications and updates: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
    Keep your BlackBerry® running efficiently by using the latest available software.
    As of September 2012, a new software is available for the BlackBerry Torch 9800.
    The release of BlackBerry software v 6.0.0 3155 provides the following benefits and enhancements for your BlackBerry:
    Improved mobile video streaming
    Improved camera functionality
    Network stability fixes
    SMS/MMS encryption fix

Oddly, I only got a flag on my phone screen yesterday to install. I waited till I got home and could downlod via WiFi. One false start and the whole thing came through on wifi only and installed without a hitch. It seems to be running fine although most of my aps are asking for permissions/accept license as if they were a first-time use. Other than that I can't say I notice any change positive or negative. It would be nice if they provided more detail, but it seems like this was just to fix some bugs. I'd love to know what "Improved camera functionality" means.

As for the battery drainage, it's never been a great phone for battery life, although I notice keeping the bluetooth off when not in use has a big impact. Deactivating the red LED new message indicator should help too. Battery life is probably mostly a hardware issue. I doubt there's much a software change can do to make a significant impact.
    CrackBerry User

Loaded on my 9800. No options in e-mail setup for BIS. Reloading again
    2nd attempt after complete wipe. No better. Back to the previous release..
    Seems to be a fairly common upgrade problem that when trying to access email setup the setup program either crashes or load but shows no option to access account settings. The following RIM-offered solution should work:

Note: The following workaround is intended only for BlackBerry 6 smartphones using a BlackBerry Internet Service data plan. (To determine the operating system version, select Options > Device > About Device Versions.)

Download and install the BlackBerry Internet Service Email Accounts/Setup application by navigating to the following URL using the web browser on the BlackBerry smartphone:

Code:
    http://<brand>.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/
    In the above URL, the E and the C in EmailClient are case sensitive.

Note: <brand> corresponds to the carrier name, e.g. (Verizon = vzw, ATT = mycingular, Rogers = rogers, T-Mobile = t-mobile, Telus = telus). It may be necessary to contact the carrier to obtain the value for <brand> in the URL as this will vary.
    CrackBerry User

Coming from .448, .747 has been a nice upgrade. No issues aside from the above Email Setup snafu. The browser seems move responsive. The GUI is a bit more refined. Bluetooth seems to hit less bumps. Since installing the day it was released, I've been using power at a rate of slightly less than 1%/hour (a little over 3˝ days per charge).

It's about time Telus pushed an upgrade; being up-to-date is not their forté.
    CrackBerry Genius

Same with AT&T. Their official version to this day is still .600 from over a year ago.

Joel
    Vicky11hacker likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Red face Blckberry torch 9800

actually I have downloaded the mentioned software ,,,,,but is that the new os version..if yes then how to set that in my blackberry or how to install that..........software is downloading right now,,,,,cant wait so asked you,,,thanx in advance
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey when you will know the procedure..tell me also also ,,,,suffering from old bundle like urss..wanna upgrade..thanx in advance
    CrackBerry Newbie

some major problems I suffered in ma 5 years bberry life::
    battery suckzzz but I love bb so always purchase new battery...
    haven't seen ma BBMap working....not working always even in 3G and wifi....
    switching apps slower the speed........
    enterprise email never set....
    my phone ip is always 0.0.0.0 wtf??????
    major problem is alwayzzz unknown call with no number found.....

Global Posts
    12,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Please follow the OS Upgrade Guide I left here in a thread for a different Torch OS version:

Latest Official OS 6.0.749 for Torch 9800 from T-Mobile Austria

This is how you CB10, son!
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12