is this for UK users or only asian
    01-31-12 12:15 PM
    Upgraded my BB from OS .448

This OS is faster for sure. More responsive. doesnt have the Compose PIN dissapearning issue.

Browser seems to be faster, specially with Pinch to zoom. Camera doesnt have the "freeze" after taking a picture.

I'll report more if I find any issues.

Cheers
    01-31-12 12:51 PM
    The provided link sends me to a pagein all chinese. I am unable to find an english page.
    01-31-12 12:57 PM
    Tried to update through the crackberry link provided, after translating from Korean nothing really happened once information was filled it. THEN when attempting to download through Blackberry Desktop and the Blackberry website it said there was no update available for the Torch 9800.

Any suggestions?
    01-31-12 01:15 PM
    Uninstall previous versions of the OS from your PC and make sure to delete the vendor.xml file from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

If that does not work, sometimes it helps to rename the "apploader" folder to "apploader.bak" and then reinstall the new OS.

Also, don't install the new OS until after the older one was removed from your pc.
    Last edited by meske; 01-31-12 at 01:46 PM.
    Jonathan-Archer likes this.
    01-31-12 01:29 PM
    I downloaded it. I deleted the vendor file. But i cannot get my computer to reconize there is a new OS.

I deleted the previously installed OS. I tried BBDesktop. I tried the AppLoader. I tried of the blackberry site.

What else do i need to try?
    Cliff
    01-31-12 01:37 PM
    i've also noticed that now with the same app installed i have about 20mb of free memory respect the .706
    01-31-12 01:43 PM
    I downloaded it. I deleted the vendor file. But i cannot get my computer to reconize there is a new OS.

I deleted the previously installed OS. I tried BBDesktop. I tried the AppLoader. I tried of the blackberry site.

Cliff
    make sure to delete the vendor.xml file from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    01-31-12 02:36 PM

Cliff
    I noticed there is two vendor files !
    Two different locations.
    01-31-12 04:07 PM
    Hi all, "all lang" means english and SK languages only? no italian, french and others?
    01-31-12 04:40 PM
    Hi all, "all lang" means english and SK languages only? no italian, french and others?
    I do believe that 'all lang' means all languages included In my case there is at least polish.
    01-31-12 04:42 PM
    either i can't find the second vendor file or something else is funky cause i cant get it to recognize the new os
    01-31-12 04:50 PM
    also other language..italian is present!!
    01-31-12 04:58 PM
    nearly 30mb larger than .706

what goodies are in this one????

seems to be quite quick in upgrading - hint if using the origianl link for th download - if you cant translate the charcters to work out what goes in what field just put an email address in each field and change the radio buttons to whatever they're not set too.

The sqaure button is the submit

The second page then is the accept agreement or not - select the upper radio button.
    to move on, again the square button.

Enjoy
    01-31-12 04:58 PM
    still having trouble getting desktop to recognize the new os, how did you guys do it?
    01-31-12 05:12 PM
    deleted the vendor.xml and ran the loader.exe file under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Now I have a problem - my PC crashed just before the end. The last phase which restores the data didnt happen.

Phone is ok, it starts, apps are there etc - just I have no emails/txts/calendar etc entries.

Desktop manager doenst recognise a backup has taken place so how do I manually finisht he last step please?

ta
    01-31-12 05:21 PM
    ah, seems like LoaderBackup-(2012-01-31).ipd was saved under MY Documents - moved it to the Blackberry backup folder and DM could see it. Alternatively I could have pointed DM to it.
    01-31-12 05:28 PM
    still having trouble getting desktop to recognize the new os, how did you guys do it?
    You have to delete the 2nd Vendor xml. In order your desktop to recognize the new OS. Just download and run this app. every time you load a new OS, it will delete the 2nd vendor xml. Here is the link: http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-os-f224/vendelete-cmd-vendor-xml-file-remover-673344/
    01-31-12 05:31 PM
    also other language..italian is present!!
    Ciao!
    I can't select any language from the DM application menu, it let me choose just "wireless music sync", no other applications and languages are present. To install the new os first I wiped the Torch with blackberry master control program, then I installed the 723 os.
    01-31-12 05:39 PM
    What about mac users...is there a vendor file to delete
    01-31-12 05:46 PM
    Uninstall previous versions of the OS from your PC and make sure to delete the vendor.xml file from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

If that does not work, sometimes it helps to rename the "apploader" folder to "apploader.bak" and then reinstall the new OS.

Also, don't install the new OS until after the older one was removed from your pc.

Thanks. Before that BB Desktop or Apploader do not detect upgrade version so rename folder under c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader to tmpapploader or delete that folder. And now both BB Desktop and Apploader show latest upgrade version 723. But before doing that uninstall BB old version under Control Panel and then reboot system. Then either rename or delete under folder Apploader then install latest BB version.

Thankyou Rim for upgrading version.
    AcADIeN likes this.
    01-31-12 06:08 PM
    i had to used Internet Explorer to download the OS, then BBSAK to load it as BBDM would not recognize the file even after deleting vendor xml files...now I'm just waiting on the update to go through.
    01-31-12 08:45 PM
    Upgraded my BB from OS .448

This OS is faster for sure. More responsive. doesnt have the Compose PIN dissapearning issue.

Browser seems to be faster, specially with Pinch to zoom. Camera doesnt have the "freeze" after taking a picture.

I'll report more if I find any issues.

Cheers
    Installed this last night. Still having the PIN issue the option is not available. Maybe will need to try to revert to .448 and do the upgrade? A little frustrating as it seems to be an issue for some and not for others.
    01-31-12 09:05 PM
    Installed on phone with no problems seems like a good OS so far, will know more tomorrow with the battery life and so on.
    01-31-12 09:15 PM
    Gotta admit, after having installed many updates (last one being 706) I'm not rushing to install this one unless something major is fixed or added. Just not worth the trouble or risk of bricking it for a very small barely noticeable increase in speed, which seems is what most updates only do.

Can someone be so kind to post a list of improvements? The only probelm I currently have and would be interested in having fixed is the proximity sensor does not turn off my screen when I dial using the speedial.
    01-31-12 09:23 PM
164 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD