Just verifying the checksums for the file. You may use your favorite app to do this.

9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel2949_PL6.6.0.236_A6.0.0.668_Voda fone_DE.exe
    177184072 bytes

CRC32: 64425a3e
    MD5: f5675ead48edd7c2b829846199129fba
    SHA1: 2b6f21c12cc8f04b1e70925c7a28c6771a92c9ea
    10-31-11 11:19 AM
    Oh well I give up, I tried everything, deleted that vendor file, rebooting my computer, downloader all the files, it's too complicated. I don't know why it just wont show up on my desktop software. Oh well.
    11-01-11 11:23 AM
    Oh well I give up, I tried everything, deleted that vendor file, rebooting my computer, downloader all the files, it's too complicated. I don't know why it just wont show up on my desktop software. Oh well.
    It's not supposed to show up in your desktop software (unless Vodaphone DE is your carrier, in which case you wouldn't need to delete the vendor.xml file). I've never done it through the desktop software (or if I have, I don't remember - most of my upgrades have been non-AT&T versions). Here are the instructions I have saved on my computer, updated to include a new location of vendor.xml - I created these instructions in April 2010, and I've never had any problems doing an upgrade:

Step 1: Download desired OS to your PC.

Step 2: Install and complete the setup process to have the OS installed.

Step 3: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if the OS is not from your carrier.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Step 4: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong.

Step 5: Connect your BB to your PC and double-click on the Loader.exe and let the process initiate.
    Loader.exe can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file (the one in Program Files).

Step 6: Do not unplug your BB during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.
    Un_lavalois likes this.
    11-02-11 04:10 AM
    Thanks a lot, it worked!
    11-02-11 11:29 PM
    Found one frustrating bug with .668. If I'm on a call while another call comes in the 2nd call can connect without me pushing anything. This can get pretty awkward if you think you're still talking to the 1st caller!! Thankfully I don't have a girlfiend
    11-03-11 09:19 AM
    I finally had to switch back to 600. 666 and 668 both had terrible battery issues... they never adjusted for some reason. Also, if my battery was at say 40%, if I tried to use the camera, it would instantly drop down below 10%. Just a PITA. So, back to 600.
    11-03-11 04:16 PM
    I finally had to switch back to 600. 666 and 668 both had terrible battery issues... they never adjusted for some reason. Also, if my battery was at say 40%, if I tried to use the camera, it would instantly drop down below 10%. Just a PITA. So, back to 600.
    Weird! I have been using .668 since day one. I use the camera quite a lot these days, never had that problem.
    Battery wise .668 has proven to be much better than .600.
    Having said this, it is important to understand that the only way to really know how well a particular OS version manages battery is to test it with no third party apps. It is a know fact that in most cases the apps are what affect battery drain..

Cheers!
    11-03-11 06:59 PM
    I'm having a b*tch of a time getting this to go via my Windows XP machine. I've uninstalled other OS' according to directions in this thread. App Loader comes up saying that it's not registered to my device. It asks me to select the the apps available and will not go past that particular screen.

Ideally I'd like to shrink the OS via the Blackberry Hybrids Tool, but this is clearly not working.

Suggestions? Tips?
    Are you trying to load this on a Torch 9800? I only ask because your profile shows Torch 9810.

Assuming you're working with a 9800, look at the info I left in the last post of Page 1:
    How to Fix OS Not Appearing as Available
    11-04-11 04:55 AM
    Work fine and fast too..
    but I guess maxhybrid V9 was a little bit faster.
    11-06-11 11:57 PM
    I'm going to wait for .777
    11-07-11 08:26 AM
    Okay, so I have come across one strange bug. Occasionally my reduced mode virtual keyboard will forget that it's in SureType mode and go into multitap mode for no apparent reason. Then it will stay that way even if I look at the mode in "options". I have to close out of the program and restart it for predictive SureType to come back.

This happens sporadically while in Opera Mini. But it's done it a few times when typing emails too. Once, it got permanently stuck in multitap mode and I had to reboot the phone to get it back to normal.

Could just be an issue I'm having, and it's not often, so I can live with for now. But, just wondering if it is just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 02:31 PM
    It's not supposed to show up in your desktop software (unless Vodaphone DE is your carrier, in which case you wouldn't need to delete the vendor.xml file). I've never done it through the desktop software (or if I have, I don't remember - most of my upgrades have been non-AT&T versions). Here are the instructions I have saved on my computer, updated to include a new location of vendor.xml - I created these instructions in April 2010, and I've never had any problems doing an upgrade:
    I have tried this, and it still doesn't work. Are you supposed to uninstall the previous software (for me it's .600) and then install .668?
    11-08-11 05:22 PM
    What BBM version is included in this OS? Is it still a 5 or a 6? Thanks.
    11-08-11 05:24 PM
    Make sure you Delete AppLoader folder and it will work! :-) 668 wasnt showin in DM because I instAlled 666 just before. grrrr but now EveRything seem TO work fine now!
    Last edited by franceperreault; 11-09-11 at 02:23 PM.
    11-09-11 11:04 AM
    I installed 668 last night no problems ,deleted Vendor file and started DM and connected Torch and it found update and installed it took about 40mins all told,works ok for me no glitches so far today.
    11-09-11 11:30 AM
    I have tried this, and it still doesn't work. Are you supposed to uninstall the previous software (for me it's .600) and then install .668?
    Make sure you Delete AppLoader folder and it will work! :-) 668 wasnt showin in DM because I instAlled 666 just before. grrrr but now EveRything seem TO work fine now!
    I'm not trying to sound rude here (really), but� read the thread!

I left a couple guides on the very first page that should have covered your issues.
    Check out Posts #9 and #15 on Page 1.

Hopefully that works for you too. Please post back if it does or doesn't.
    11-09-11 03:05 PM
    What BBM version is included in this OS? Is it still a 5 or a 6? Thanks.
    I don't know which exact version. (I could tell you later if it really mattered.)
    It will definitely be a version of BBM6. Probably 6.0.0.128 or somewhere in that neighbourhood.

So the current official BBM version is higher than what comes with the OS. Current official is 6.0.1.32.
    It's available from App World or BlackBerry Messenger.

If you currently have a newer version and you're shrinking the OS, shrink BBM out of it too. That should allow you to retain the version already on your device.
    11-09-11 03:18 PM
    I installed this about two weeks ago. It's way better than the last AT&T buid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 08:27 AM
    Anyone know why the "OS Page" (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os) shows 666 as the latest official release and not 668?
    11-16-11 08:22 PM
    Anyone know why the "OS Page" (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os) shows 666 as the latest official release and not 668?
    Hello my fellow "Noah"...

There's almost always a few entries on that page that aren't entirely up-to-date, which is very unfortunate.

I was just looking up the newest Tour 9630 OS for someone on that page earlier this week and found it wasn't updated. And that OS has been out for quite awhile.
    adhen likes this.
    11-16-11 09:38 PM
    Upgraded to this OS a few days ago and just today it started randomly messing with my virtual keyboard and predictive text. I always have it set to "direct" because I hate how it auto corrects and is frkn irritating. Even after checking, the settings are still on direct and full keyboard enabled. Why the F is it doing that?!?!?!?!?

and also found that AT+T pushed BBM music link to my phone this morning. Really hate how that happens.
    11-22-11 04:36 PM
    I wish I was genius like that! Deleting vendor files enabled installation of the OS. Thank you so much! Why do vendor files do what they do?
    07-17-15 12:59 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD