But that leaked OS gave me problems from day one. Random restarts, apps not saving preferences, horrible battery life. Let's see if this is any different. The real stress test will be my 20 hours out and about tomorrow, with heavy use.
    04-19-11 03:25 PM
    .526 and .534 has that problem. You can use hybrid that uses lower browser cods. I hate them (526-534) worst OSs ever for Torch.
    crackberry doesnt render right after the update for me, can anyone verify?
    I just upgraded and tested, and no, Crackberry doesn't render correctly. So after looking through the forums, it seems the only fix at the moment is a hybrid.

I had reservations about this as previously, BB Travel would not start when running a hybrid.... BUT... I installed "DBZ Hybrid v3.0" and I can confirm two big things, the browser works correctly with Crackberry and it runs ALL apps with no problems what so ever!! I am very happy now
    04-19-11 03:31 PM
    I'm downgrading again. The browser problems are to big for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/br...-526-a-606608/
    04-20-11 03:58 AM
    I am downgrading. Battery life is awful and I keep getting the mini-clock indicating that it is thinking about something.
    04-20-11 09:46 AM
    I am downgrading. Battery life is awful and I keep getting the mini-clock indicating that it is thinking about something.

I have the same thing going on...every page I open it thinks. This, for me, was the hardest upgrade ever! It froze during every attempt (4 total) and finally loaded the last time. I was excited about this update Im waiting it out, maybe once the os "settles" it will change, if not def going back.
    04-20-11 12:21 PM
    I have postponed this latest upgrade for this reason. Everytime I upgrade Torch system my purchased apps either don't reinstall or I must re-register them and get authorization codes. I do backup but this issue seems to always arise. Any suggests CB folks????
    04-20-11 01:04 PM
    Upgraded from .246 through Desktop Manager. Previous to this I have tried all leaks to date. only thing noticable is that this version took a long time for bootup (yes - up to 30 min according to DM) --- about 20 min. Reinstalled all apps through "My AppWorld". only issue is still with BeWeather: When selecting "view Radar Maps", it returns with a "did you try to pass a bad HTML link?". Selecting ok and then re-selecting Radar Maps, works well. This issue since leaks .337 and on.

Not a lot of other issues. Crackberry.com using browser works fine. You tube, Facebook (1.x), AT&T Navigator/Maps, Photo editor, PDF Reader, Docs to go; all seem to work as advertised. Battery drain appears to be the same. After a a couple of battery pulls, scrolling through photos is better; Im not getting those "wait icons" as much. Using Motorola S9 bluetooth headsets had to delete and re-establish connection. Got a lot of static (sounded like I was walking away from phone) from a foot away. Music doesnt speed up or slow down anymore.
    04-20-11 02:10 PM
    I upgraded from the last AT&T official build last night. Everything seems to be working fine except for one thing. I have 5 email accounts that I receive on my BB and I have a different sound for each when new mail arrives. I am getting one sound for any email I receive, regardless of account. I double checked the Message Notification settings and they are correct... the "Try it" button produces the correct sound.

Is there another setting I should check?
    04-20-11 02:33 PM
    Just alittle confussed about some of these last posts. Are yall saying your not haveing problems w/ browser and it took yall 30 minutes to reboot after the install? Then you had to reinstsll your apps from app world?
    I only ask cause I haven't read any post saying they don't have the browser issue. Other than a couple suggesting a battery pull solved the issue. I upgraded via DM last night and have done 7 battery pulls to no change. It only took me 18 minutes start to rebooted to upgrade and I didn't have to reinstall any apps. I did have to reset some like weatherbug didn't still have my locations I keep up with. This was no big deal. I dl the os just in case so I could load it manually if I needed to. I haven't seen the hourglass 1 time. Matter of fact only difference I see in .246-.526 is the browser is crap. Bad thing is it doesn't do it on other mobile sites. At least the ones I go to anyway.
    Really weird that the upgrade on this had been very different between everybody. I kinda assume some of the upgrade times has been effected by connection speed and amount of apps that's on the device that has to be backed up. I noticed however that it took me nearly 20 minutes to just download the os. So I'm thinking about wipeing my torch and manually reinstalling to see if it clears the browser up. Watching dm doing the update I got the feeling that it was just applying the changes to the same os that was on here. Anybody done it this way and mske a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 04:00 PM
    so.. no benefit? i was hoping for louder in call volume.. bug fixes.. battery life.. the ability to send a pic in a text from a webpage without saving it like the 9700... or pretty much anything beneficial. Maybe next time huh?
    04-21-11 09:20 AM
    Nothing special. Waste of an hour.
    04-21-11 09:38 AM
    I often wonder why some of us bother trying to post what we know, when some people just wont listen or read in this case.
    04-21-11 09:43 AM
    Found the update to provide smoother operation of the media player. Buffering seems faster for internet video. I was originally having a problem with the volume control not responding in the media player or not showing up till after playing for a little while. Not it shows up as soon as you load the video for volume adjustments. Had to get used to the trackpad paste option, but hey, at least its a device that already has this function built-in!
    04-21-11 09:45 AM
    Anyone having problems with their internet access after this new update? I used to have the same problem on my 8900, where it would say I would have full EDGE service, but BBMs wouldn't go out and emails wouldn't come in. I would have to go and turn the connections off an on to get anything.

Am I the only one?
    04-21-11 11:14 AM
    I often wonder why some of us bother trying to post what we know, when some people just wont listen or read in this case.
    Which case are you talking about.

04-21-11 03:19 PM
    Tried 526 and 534 as leaks. The CB site bug bugs me too much (had to go with Opera Mini just for CB). Most apps seemed to have a slight lag when closing, too. Also, with 526, the mobile Facebook site kept thinking I had a 9670. With 534, it thought I had a Curve 3G.

I tried downgrading to the official 526, but all the same issues were still there. Including mobile Facebook thinking I was back to a 9670.

I decided to downgrade further back to 450. Apps close much faster and overall, thimgs seem to run smoother.

Sure, I lost the pulsing charger icon, and I do have that lag when flicking through pics. But I can live with those things. At least mobile Facebook knows I have a Torch again

Last edited by joeldf; 04-21-11 at 05:43 PM.
    04-21-11 05:40 PM
    Ugh...the browser issues are killing me! Websites are taking a long time to load...the browser is constantly running out of memory and asking me to close tabs. These headaches aren't worth the other small and visual improvements.

How can an official release be so bad? I usually wait for official releases to avoid hassles... I was not expecting this!

04-21-11 08:15 PM
    Has anyone encounteres the following issue:

I am on AT&T and use a Torch. I have no problem getting Bridge to work. BUT . . . I have never gotten the Browser Bridge to show up. No icon ever. I tried Bridging with a Playbook in Best Buy and I got the same thing: no Browser bridge. I am on BES. My IT Department has everything enabled.

Any suggestions?
    04-22-11 07:01 AM
    maybe kinda stupid question to ask but wid dis upgrade any difference beside performance .... i mean my user experience didnt change one bit.....
    04-22-11 07:09 AM
    Upgraded from .246 a couple days ago. I've been having this occasional problem, when I receive more than one message whether it's emails or text messages:

Doesn't happen all the time. Just occasionally.

Also, I get the occasional email that when I click on it from the Notifications menu, it freezes my Torch until the "App Error / Reset" white screen pops up. But if I view them from within Messages, there's no problem.
    04-22-11 10:09 AM
    Just alittle confussed about some of these last posts. Are yall saying your not haveing problems w/ browser and it took yall 30 minutes to reboot after the install? Then you had to reinstsll your apps from app world?
    I only ask cause I haven't read any post saying they don't have the browser issue. Other than a couple suggesting a battery pull solved the issue. I upgraded via DM last night and have done 7 battery pulls to no change. It only took me 18 minutes start to rebooted to upgrade and I didn't have to reinstall any apps. I did have to reset some like weatherbug didn't still have my locations I keep up with. This was no big deal. I dl the os just in case so I could load it manually if I needed to. I haven't seen the hourglass 1 time. Matter of fact only difference I see in .246-.526 is the browser is crap. Bad thing is it doesn't do it on other mobile sites. At least the ones I go to anyway.
    Really weird that the upgrade on this had been very different between everybody. I kinda assume some of the upgrade times has been effected by connection speed and amount of apps that's on the device that has to be backed up. I noticed however that it took me nearly 20 minutes to just download the os. So I'm thinking about wipeing my torch and manually reinstalling to see if it clears the browser up. Watching dm doing the update I got the feeling that it was just applying the changes to the same os that was on here. Anybody done it this way and mske a difference.

I wouldn't wipe ur phone for the CB browser issue. It won't do any good. It only seems to affect the CB browser.
    04-22-11 11:41 AM
    Went to this from .246. Lots of improvements!
    04-22-11 04:48 PM
    I wouldn't wipe ur phone for the CB browser issue. It won't do any good. It only seems to affect the CB browser.
    Aight then. Yea after my post I went surfing and noticed that really its just cb. Which really blows my mind. I can't figure out how this could happen. To just effect 1 site.

I updated from .246 so this might be out news to you guys but goods news for me. I just tried useing captureit to capture a web page and it worked. That was the 1 thing I really missed from os5. I'm glad to have that back. So there's 1 good thing.

04-22-11 06:13 PM
    Went to this from .246. Lots of improvements!
    fer instance?
    04-22-11 11:11 PM
    I am noticing the same blacked out second message after upgrading to the latest ATT OS. It wasn't happening before. A reset will take care of it but that is getting kinda old.
    04-23-11 05:04 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD