Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,452 Global Posts

I just updated last night using DM. I usually do it the old way by downloading the file and then update. I have not done this way since my last update on my 9700.

I updated DM, synched my Torch and used DM to update the OS. I have noticed that on heavy webpages that there is a very slight lag. The double-tap issue with this site is such a minor issue that is an easy workaround that works well until the site is updated. With webkit browser, I don't forsee a real need for me when it comes the third party browsers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Installed this morning. So far so good ! I haven't noticed any problem, or any improvement compared to previous 448 version...
    CrackBerry User

Default No Hitches in Downloading

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHugh View Post
    I opened Desktop Manager this morning in order to synch my Torch to Outlook. Up popped the notice that the upgrade was available. I followed the prompts on my computer and the update was installed in about 25 minutes. No hitches at all. I'm glad that AT&T came through with this update.
    Only difficulty was that I failed to notice that the Torch rebooted with the radio turned off so I was not connected to AT&T network. I went out for about 30 minutes and wondered why I wasn't getting some email that I knew should come in. I then noticed that the radio was not turned on. So, the moral of the story is to PAY ATTENTION!
    System works just fine.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just upgraded my torch 9800 to .526 w/o any problem. my hope was to make opera mini 6 work for me. I live in a country where there is no BlackBerry service. as the BB browser refused to work for me had to download operamini. It works fine with the wifi at my office where the celular signal strength is dead and try to check if i can connect to the internet over teh cellular network when i get out office, i have noticed it working one or twice but most of the time w/o trying to check the network exits and tells me to check my network settings, no data connection. but i can see the edge connection on the BB already there i use the ping tool and ping the dNS server but won't let me browse. If there is a way to sue the BB browser , that would be cool as the BB browser is more nicer than the opera. has any one made this work just to access the internet only. And any one come across the operamini problem i just mentioned above. pls help. BTW i faced same problem when i use googlmobile app.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by chalew View Post
    I just upgraded my torch 9800 to .526 w/o any problem. my hope was to make opera mini 6 work for me. I live in a country where there is no BlackBerry service. as the BB browser refused to work for me had to download operamini. It works fine with the wifi at my office where the celular signal strength is dead and try to check if i can connect to the internet over teh cellular network when i get out office, i have noticed it working one or twice but most of the time w/o trying to check the network exits and tells me to check my network settings, no data connection. but i can see the edge connection on the BB already there i use the ping tool and ping the dNS server but won't let me browse. If there is a way to sue the BB browser , that would be cool as the BB browser is more nicer than the opera. has any one made this work just to access the internet only. And any one come across the operamini problem i just mentioned above. pls help. BTW i faced same problem when i use googlmobile app.

First Question. Does it say "EDGE" or "edge"?
    BB Torch forever

OS 6.0.0.668
    FB 2.0.0.50
    Twitter 2.0.0.16
    BBM 6.0.1.29
    Follow me on Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

The OTA was up and active when I got word of this early Saturday evening. (Check Options > Device > Software Upgrades.) It upgraded to .526 without a hitch via OTA.

I haven't seen any difference between .526 and .486.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry Abuser

There is no reason to update the LEAK to this. Both are the same
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private

Quote Originally Posted by huecobros View Post
    There is no reason to update the LEAK to this. Both are the same
    Are you extremely sure about this? As this is my primary concern.
    First Blackberry - 8700g (changed the game) ->
    Last Blackberry - 12000FS (Futuristic sh*t)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    The OTA was up and active when I got word of this early Saturday evening. (Check Options > Device > Software Upgrades.) It upgraded to .526 without a hitch via OTA.

I haven't seen any difference between .526 and .486.
    Odd... I'm on .448 and when searching for SW updates, nothing is showing up (OTA).

Sounds like 448 is better anyway.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nolhayes View Post
    Are you extremely sure about this? As this is my primary concern.
    ONE MORE TIME:

THE LEAK AND THE OFFICIAL RELEASE OF .526 ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!

There is no reason to update to the official version if you have the leaked version.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    22C6A4BE

Question regard the Facebook on this OS

I upgraded and when I went to use the Facebook app for the first time, I was prompted for a keycode. Went to the blackberry.com/beta site, got my keycode emailed to me, but when I went to copy/paste it, however, it wouldn't allow me to paste. The keycode definitely got copied (I tested by pasting in a blank text), but for some reason I can't paste my keycode in the area where I need to (I hit "menu -> paste" but nothing happens).

I then went to see if the version I had was the latest. Turns out it wasn't, so I upgraded from Facebook 2.0.0.13 to 2.0.0.16 but the problem still persists (got emailed a new keycode but for some reason I can't paste it).

Anyone else have a similar problem like this when using the Facebook app?

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meske View Post
    Odd... I'm on .448 and when searching for SW updates, nothing is showing up (OTA).

Sounds like 448 is better anyway.
    I was sure I wasn't going to see it either based on past experience with OTA updates on the 9000 -- if you are running a non-AT&T supported OS (as most of us are), the OTA won't show up. But this one did.
    Galaxy Gear

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r0gueleader View Post
    Question regard the Facebook on this OS

I upgraded and when I went to use the Facebook app for the first time, I was prompted for a keycode. Went to the blackberry.com/beta site, got my keycode emailed to me, but when I went to copy/paste it, however, it wouldn't allow me to paste. The keycode definitely got copied (I tested by pasting in a blank text), but for some reason I can't paste my keycode in the area where I need to (I hit "menu -> paste" but nothing happens).

I then went to see if the version I had was the latest. Turns out it wasn't, so I upgraded from Facebook 2.0.0.13 to 2.0.0.16 but the problem still persists (got emailed a new keycode but for some reason I can't paste it).

Anyone else have a similar problem like this when using the Facebook app?
    Yes. Paste by clicking with the trackpad instead.
    Galaxy Gear

CrackBerry User

PIN
    22C6A4BE

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Yes. Paste by clicking with the trackpad instead.
    What do you mean? Selecting paste by clicking the trackpad rather than pressing on the touchscreen? I tried both ways but it didn't paste either way...

EDIT: Ah! Double-clicking the trackpad. It worked! Thanks
    Last edited by r0gueleader; 04-18-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

just posting because I like the upgrade so far. it was worth it for the faster browser. as long as the text message bugs are better, i'll keep it.

also note that it restart my enterprise service AUTOMATICALLY and i won't have to contact my IT peeps for the code.
    CrackBerry User

Default dr.dre works or not

will dr dre headset works in this os?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Default Microcell

why, with this being an "official" os, does the At&t Microcell still not show as being connected with this os?
    CrackBerry Newbie

it says "edge" and am able to ping yahoo.com using the ping tool on the phone, but am not able to browse using the Opera, or BB browser. not able to use google mobile app as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by tadevinney View Post
    why, with this being an "official" os, does the At&t Microcell still not show as being connected with this os?
    My 9800 with this new OS also does not show connected to my microcell, but it is. I shut the power off and my signal went from full bars to one immediately, then back to full bars when the microcell rebooted fully.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Originally Posted by chalew

First Question. Does it say "EDGE" or "edge"?

OS 6.0.0.534
    FB 2.0.0.13
    BBM 6.0.0.56 again
    Follow me on Twitter

the one i see is "edge" i can ping yahoo.com and am sure the network is working, it is the browser that is not. i tried boltbrowser as well and got the same error. both browsers don't seem to check to try to access the network the error message comes quickly. One thing i noticed is when i uninstall Opera and install it again, it works over the WiFi and then does over the 'edge' network as well, but going back to wiFi it stops working. i have to reinstall it again to make it work. i think problem is the switching between networks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private

this OS was the hardest one ever to load. Because I had the leaked version I had to wipe the device, which caused me to lose all my apps. Download the official OS. reinstall it, reinstall each app one by one. Restore from the back-up. (definitely should of used BBSAK to back-up the apps)
    and then the OS wiped out my restored settings to I had to restore it twice. And BBM from beta zone never retrieved my two groups so I'm waiting for reinvites. Ugh.
    This better be worth it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by nolhayes View Post
    this OS was the hardest one ever to load. Because I had the leaked version I had to wipe the device, which caused me to lose all my apps. Download the official OS. reinstall it, reinstall each app one by one. Restore from the back-up. (definitely should of used BBSAK to back-up the apps)
    and then the OS wiped out my restored settings to I had to restore it twice. And BBM from beta zone never retrieved my two groups so I'm waiting for reinvites. Ugh.
    This better be worth it.
    You do realize that the leaked version and the official version are exactly identical? If you have the leaked version already installed there is no need to "update" to the official version.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    You do realize that the leaked version and the official version are exactly identical?
    Obviously not!

Even if there were a difference, it would have been easier to downgrade to .486 then upgrade to the "official" .526 because all apps and data would have been preserved. Certainly easier than what he went through. Never wipe before upgrading/downgrading/sidegrading. It's never necessary -- DM will wipe for you after backing up your apps and data -- and the consequences are never pretty.
    Galaxy Gear

CrackBerry User

PIN
    236BDB4B

Apart from installing a hybrid, is there a cod or any cods that we can replace to fix the browser issue with Crackberry?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    You do realize that the leaked version and the official version are exactly identical? If you have the leaked version already installed there is no need to "update" to the official version.
    I've read that but honestly I prefer an official version even if its not from my carrier but generally speaking. But this one is operating better, my socialscope saves my settings now after a logout. As well as many other apps. Battery life is also better. Idk if its due to an official OS or a clean install after the wipe but w/e it is there's a slight improvement.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast