Seems to me its 6.0.0.695

I don't have a torch so i can't test it

doesn't seem to be multilanguage either
    06-29-11 06:28 PM
    Rogers has this one

http://downloads.rogers.com/wireless...reless_Inc.exe

Seems to me its 6.0.0.695

I don't have a torch so i can't test it
    6.0.0_rel695 is the platform version, the software version (what we usually look for) is 6.0.0.246 at rogers
    bloodyrek likes this.
    06-29-11 06:30 PM
    6.0.0_rel695 is the platform version, the software version (what we usually look for) is 6.0.0.246 at rogers
    ah ok thanks, my bad

but jeez 246 thats old O_O
    06-29-11 06:34 PM
    I was following this OS in the beta section. People weren't thrilled with it. Any new or up to date input? I'd love to try it. I just HATE downgrading if it goes sour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 08:32 PM
    I was following this OS in the beta section. People weren't thrilled with it. Any new or up to date input? I'd love to try it. I just HATE downgrading if it goes sour.

I have that one on my torch for more than a week now. Battery life is not the best but is among the best of the few. Browser is noticeably faster. The rest is pretty much the same.... a keeper for me.
    06-29-11 08:55 PM
    I have that one on my torch for more than a week now. Battery life is not the best but is among the best of the few. Browser is noticeably faster. The rest is pretty much the same.... a keeper for me.
    good to hear. thanks. when you talk about batt-- did you ever run on .448? if so, is the batt as good as .448?

06-29-11 09:59 PM
    So far .448 is still the best, this one sucked. Weird bug in notifications screen, some text is grayed out

06-30-11 12:16 AM
    good to hear. thanks. when you talk about batt-- did you ever run on .448? if so, is the batt as good as .448?

Yes I did, but no, not as good as 448
    06-30-11 08:17 PM
    Wow. Ok. Thanks again guys.

06-30-11 09:41 PM
    Ok, I'm not very tech savy and I know that this will seem very basic to some of you, but I was curious if I should upgrade to this version or stay where I am (.526)? Thanks for you help.
    07-01-11 10:27 PM
    To be honest I downloaded this from 576 and there is no difference that I can find. People say browser is faster, I've not noticed that it is. Probably due to new os, people always say browser is faster when it's not. Camera may appear a little crispier though, havent given it a full try out yet. Battery on full charge has still quarter of it's life left, and that's after heavy use throughout day and watching entire film (movie) at night. Test duration one day. So basically it's the same as before. It's a keeper for me though I'm disappointed. Was expecting more.
    07-02-11 03:06 AM
    Anyone knows why I'm getting this error message: supplementary service error, after hanging up a call?!! I used to get this with some betas/leaks.. But this is official..!! I shrink & use beta apps..and how to fix it if anyone knows how, please?

07-03-11 10:13 AM
    Network really sucks! I have 3g on & service running (bb logo showing) but not able to send or receive bbm's, get the red clock! & can't browse.. Also I'm getting EDGE more often while my friend's bb next to me showing 3G, we're both torch 9800 on the same carrier.. But he's running OS .448 & I'm running this ****!

07-03-11 11:55 AM
    Hi,

I installed the new fw yesterday.
    Since then I have some problems with the phone settings. I tried to open the Home Screen Preferences, but it pops up and closes right away.
    This happens when I use custom themes. When I switch to use original bb themes the problem is gone.
    07-03-11 05:53 PM
    with every new OS, within hours of trying it, i end up reverting to .448

nothing for me has been as stable as 448

the 9800 is the first berry i have ever owned where i ran an "old" OS and was
    much happier. ever since the '500' series of torch OS's began showing up, it
    just seems broken to me. 448 just works and i think there is a fair segment of
    people that feel the same way. i am really quite shocked carriers have baselined
    anything over 448....makes me wonder how much they really test it.

after 10 months with my 9800.....and many bad OS upgrades and then reverting
    back to 448.....i am kinda anxious to put this fella behind me and get a 9900.
    07-03-11 09:05 PM
    I hate to go on about battery but mine has sucked it big time since updating. I did, however, discover that my network prefrence was changed from "wi-fi preferred" to "mobile network only". I have never used this setting and I know this would have definitely attributed. I have switched it back and am quite certain it will be back to normal (ie good battery life). I will post follow-up after I have had time to confirm.

07-03-11 09:37 PM
    only been using it for one day but so far browsing is blazing fast compared to 6.0.0.486

previously having more than 4 tabs open on javascript heavy sites (ex. blogs, news) would completely bog the browser down.

now it handles it with ease.

havent noticed any other improvements/issues yet but so far i'm very pleased with this build!
    07-05-11 08:08 PM
    with every new OS, within hours of trying it, i end up reverting to .448

nothing for me has been as stable as 448

the 9800 is the first berry i have ever owned where i ran an "old" OS and was
    much happier. ever since the '500' series of torch OS's began showing up, it
    just seems broken to me. 448 just works and i think there is a fair segment of
    people that feel the same way. i am really quite shocked carriers have baselined
    anything over 448....makes me wonder how much they really test it.

after 10 months with my 9800.....and many bad OS upgrades and then reverting
    back to 448.....i am kinda anxious to put this fella behind me and get a 9900.
    Same here, i gave up on any new leak or official OS. I always end up going back to 448.
    07-07-11 12:28 PM
    From os 6.0.0.246 I have never missed download the operating system into my phone.
    for now I think os 6.0.0.600 is the best operating system.
    I just still do not get the best results from all operating system with respect to battery life.
    torch batteries lifespan is indeed the case, or have anything to do with the operating system.
    07-08-11 01:33 PM
    Did anyone notice that in the menu of Google enhanced plug-in to option of archiving message disappeared?
    I used to be just below "Add star"

Is there any other way to archive message in Gmail from BB?
    07-08-11 02:04 PM
    anyone know if the east asian language already available somewhere?
    07-08-11 07:38 PM
    Every phone is different seems to me so any one that is hesitant to install a os I'd say try it for your self and see if it don't work for you go back to one that does and if your not up to reverting back and forth then you should not even bother its not like pushing a car up hill

As far as the os es go I have 2 torches and my brother has one as well and they all act different on different os es the main one I use loves the 600 and the other not so much its seems to run best on 450 neither liked the 448 in fact I used it on both for weeks and it was the ap salute worst one I've used and I've used all since the 246 as for my brother his worked good on the 448 but best on the 600 so its just something you should just see for your self ....that is just my .02

07-09-11 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD