- CrackBerry Addict
- 857 Posts
Latest Official 9800 OS 22.214.171.1240 from AVEA Turkey
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.1994 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 188.8.131.524
Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
File name: 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel2534_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.1680.exe
File size: 172.65MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download Software from AVEA
Download From FileServe
Last edited by rroyy; 05-25-11 at 06:20 PM.
- 05-25-11, 04:38 PM #9
- 05-26-11, 12:34 AM #11
Last edited by mmcpher; 05-26-11 at 12:43 AM.
- 05-26-11, 12:49 PM #15
Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...
ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
- Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-26-11, 05:11 PM #18
- 133 Posts
This is a good one, i like this its better than the leaked version seems smoother and quicker in all departments but then i got a UK unlocked phone.Downloaded it from web site was slow took about 1hour.
I downloaded with Firefox no problems,on final boot up it got about 3rd along paused a few seconds then jumped about another 3rd then carried on as normal,restored my backup and all ok Brill :-)
- 05-26-11, 07:49 PM #21
And fwiw, this OS seems pretty good so far. Will know more about battery life in a few days, but my last charge on .546 was 58 hours from 100 down to 20% so I'm hoping this is going to be similar.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Last edited by Cozmik; 05-26-11 at 08:07 PM.
- CrackBerry Master
05-26-11, 08:56 PM #22
- 1,020 Posts
- CrackBerry Newbie
05-26-11, 11:21 PM #24
- 8 Posts
i was running the 570 leak and decided to see if this version would show as an upgrade if I tried to install it. For some reason it showed that there was an upgrade to the system software. Everything else appeared to be up to date. Not sure what that's all about but I did the upgrade anyways.