View Poll Results: Which keyboard option do you use most?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hardware

40 51.95%
  • Touchscreen

10 12.99%
  • Good mix of both

27 35.06%
    So since the Torch has both an on-screen touch keyboard and a hardware keyboard, I am curious as to which one that everyone out there is using?
    12-12-10 11:24 AM
    I tend to use the hardware keyboard more often. I also tend to slide open the keyboard even when I don't really need to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 11:34 AM
    for BBM and long emails i use the physical keyboard..
    for updating my profile on Facebook and other" fun" stuffs i use the virtual keyboard landscape mode.
    12-12-10 11:51 AM
    I can't stand RIM's virtual keyboard. I use the slide out keyboard for just about everything. Touch screen is mainly used for navigation in conjunction with the trackpad. Gotta love the options though!

12-12-10 12:40 PM
    I mostly use the physical keyboard (right now). I use the virtual if I'm not typing a long text. My virtual kb is my quickie!

12-12-10 12:53 PM
    Using the physical keyboard more. Find too many irregular mistakes using the touch screen especially while using the browser
    12-12-10 01:08 PM
    I dont think I have ever used the Touchscreen to type a message, ever.
    12-12-10 01:32 PM
    Physical for the most as its more accurate. The device needs to provide a screen calibration tool so it can learn - I thinki'm pressing the letter I want on virtual but more often than not the key next to it hoighlights

12-12-10 01:38 PM
    I'm using the horizontal virtual keyboard more and more. The auto-correction function works very well. I don't much care for the physical keyboard (a big step down from my 9000).
    12-12-10 01:50 PM
    Typed this part on landcape. Now typing with the physical keyboard, it's really much fasted and more precise. Now using the portrait option, I'm actually suprised how much I use this option to type out a quick note. If the note gets to long I slide... (short pause while the slider is deployed) ...open the physical keyboard and continue typing without missing a though. I like the options, I was proficient with both touch scene and keyboard prior to getting a torch. Do other people enjoy the option of a track pad and touch screne for editing long emails?

12-12-10 02:00 PM
    Virtual pretty much all the time. I came from a Storm though, and used the SureType exclusively. Very very used to that, so it's what I use on the Torch.
    12-12-10 02:07 PM
    and use the virtual most of all. However, I love to slide out the physical keyboard and try my hand at that. Getting used to it I guess.
    12-12-10 04:42 PM
    Physical all the way! Its really nice having a full screen browser while I type this =) full screen is nice everywhere!

12-12-10 04:56 PM
    when i first got my torch, i used the physical. upon learning about the auto-correct setting for the virtual, i decided to give it a try. in landscape, i can fly on that thing now, and if i accidentally hit a wrong key (letter), it corrects the word for me. granted, it will sometimes auto-correct incorrectly, but more times than not, it does it right.

i really only use the physical keyboard for highlighting/copying blocks of text. the virtual for that function is too inaccurate.

and all of this from a former 9000 user who was a big-time virtual KB hater!

auto-correct = deal maker
    12-12-10 05:10 PM
    from the current poll results, looks like majority uses the hardware keyboard. I'm one of them, need to have the physical keyboard, at the same time, love the touch screen for everything else other than typing! hehe...
    12-12-10 05:40 PM
    Physical for sure. I like the concept of on screen texting, but just isn't as accurate or quick as it needs to be.

12-12-10 06:38 PM
    Use a combo of both. A short message like twitter gets the landscape virtual(just quicker then sliding then typing). Long messages like emails always get the physical, it's just more accurate and faster.
    12-12-10 06:46 PM
    I used to always use the physical keyboard, but now I've gotten so used to the landscape virtual keyboard that I can type faster on that now than any other phone physical keyboard (even my old curve 8330)

The portrait virtual keyboard I won't even attempt, thumbs too big for that and surepress is just stupid.

Its funny though, the physical keyboard was one of the big selling points of this phone for me, since I never wanted a touchscreen phone, but now I actually love the touchscreen.
    12-12-10 07:05 PM
    The legendary blackberry keyboard, of course!

12-12-10 07:44 PM
    find myself using the touch screen the majority of the time..
    12-12-10 07:51 PM
    I am forcing my fingers to learn the virtual keyboard. I'm not having much luck though; I cannot believe how lousy my own fingers spell when not using the physical keyboard.
    12-12-10 07:52 PM
    Did not expect the results to be so one-sided.
    12-13-10 06:15 AM
    I use the virtual keyboard the most. There are times that call for the physical keyboard to be used but I still use the virtual one the most. I think that the op could have asked if you use the virtual keyboard in which layout do you use more? Just my .02 cents
    12-13-10 08:23 AM
    Typing with the physical keyboard is fast and accurate. When I type with the virtual, it looks like I type in an unknown tongue.
    12-13-10 08:35 AM
    I use botht the physical keyboard and the virtual one......I use the physical keyboard a little more. I love the physical keyboard because I can type really fast with great accuracy. I'm getting into the virtual keyboard more and more. I love to use the virtual keyboard(landscape) when I'm charging my device or if I'm laying in bed. However, sometimes when I'm using the virtual kb on CB the screen gets a little crowded. Then I'd switch back to the physical kb...hardly ever use the portrait style kb....
    12-13-10 10:03 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD