I am honestly blown away by the amount of b!tching and complaining that I am seeing on these forums about silly little things.

Overall RIM has released a phone that completely rocks. I don't care what phone you have, there are issues, bugs, likes and dislikes. Everyone uses their phones differently, that is why some people like BB and other Android and others iPhone. If you don't like your phone, then simply get a different one. We all have 30 days...

The attention to detail that they have taken to put all the buttons in the right places amazing. I was skeptical about how they were going to integrate the 3 input methods. But they really nailed it. My overall productivity on this phone has gone up significantly. Most of the performance, battery, lockup issues can usually be traced back to a 3rd party app and not the core platform itself.

The thing that I realized today is that I haven't touched my iPad or Storm 2 since day 2 of this phone. And although outlook is open on my PC, i have been grabbing my phone to respond and read email. That says something. I was one of those people that threw ATT under the bus for their network as well. I have to say that I am quite pleased. Being able to talk on the phone and still email and bbm is a plus that you don't realize until you have it. I really think that a lot of ATT bad press about their network is due to the iPhone.

I am a very heavy email user, so the BlackBerry platform fits my needs better than any other platform. Android and iPhone have their places too. But for me this phone absolutely hit it out of the park. And I just wanted to sing some praises to RIM for a job well done, instead of nit picking about little issues on a completely new design and OS in one shot. Nice work RIM!
    08-20-10 01:28 PM
    RIM has released a phone that completely rocks.
    That sums up my sentiments about the phone in a nutshell.

Let it be known, let it be said.
    08-20-10 01:32 PM
    That sums up my sentiments about the phone in a nutshell.

Let it be known, let it be said.
    I second that!
    08-20-10 01:38 PM
    I am honestly blown away by the amount of b!tching and complaining that I am seeing on these forums about silly little things.

Overall RIM has released a phone that completely rocks. I don't care what phone you have, there are issues, bugs, likes and dislikes. Everyone uses their phones differently, that is why some people like BB and other Android and others iPhone. If you don't like your phone, then simply get a different one. We all have 30 days...

The attention to detail that they have taken to put all the buttons in the right places amazing. I was skeptical about how they were going to integrate the 3 input methods. But they really nailed it. My overall productivity on this phone has gone up significantly. Most of the performance, battery, lockup issues can usually be traced back to a 3rd party app and not the core platform itself.

The thing that I realized today is that I haven't touched my iPad or Storm 2 since day 2 of this phone. And although outlook is open on my PC, i have been grabbing my phone to respond and read email. That says something. I was one of those people that threw ATT under the bus for their network as well. I have to say that I am quite pleased. Being able to talk on the phone and still email and bbm is a plus that you don't realize until you have it. I really think that a lot of ATT bad press about their network is due to the iPhone.

I am a very heavy email user, so the BlackBerry platform fits my needs better than any other platform. Android and iPhone have their places too. But for me this phone absolutely hit it out of the park. And I just wanted to sing some praises to RIM for a job well done, instead of nit picking about little issues on a completely new design and OS in one shot. Nice work RIM!
    I agree!
    08-20-10 01:41 PM
    Well, I'll triple axel that!!!!
    08-20-10 01:42 PM
    good job man........i dont have the deice but its nice to see sum good input about this device and its uses towards sum people.... great job
    08-20-10 01:49 PM
    I've been reading this forum for years and it wasn't until now that I decided to actually sign up. Mainly just to agree with the OP and say how much I too LOVE this phone. RIM completely outdid themselves.
    08-20-10 01:52 PM
    From a senior citizen(71) that came from a BOLD 9000, I agree 100% with the comments posted by HelixInc.
    Life "is good" with my TORCH.
    08-20-10 02:05 PM
    Well said and its about time someone did. Whats amazed me so much about all the negative comments is that these are people who CHOSE to buy a first generation of not only a new phone, but a new phone with a brand new OS and they are complaining about bugs. Of course there are bugs, if you want your phone to be compeltely perfect don't plan on being a first adopter...

Additionally, despite it being first generation technology, I have found that it is the absolute BEST blackberry, and best phone I have ever owned. I love the detail that went into it, it really is a smart phone and the features were clearly developed to make its use more fuctional and fun. I can't put it down...

I switched from Verizon to AT&T to get this phone and because I was having tons of problems with my verizon service. I am absolutely glad I made the switch - I am fully converted addict and proud of it.
    08-20-10 02:14 PM
    I'm happy to read good reviews about this phone from users like you. I'm on T-Mo and on the fence about jumping ship to get this phone.
    I just love BBs, this would be my third (7105T, 8900) if I get one...
    08-20-10 02:15 PM
    I'm happy to read good reviews about this phone from users like you. I'm on T-Mo and on the fence about jumping ship to get this phone.
    I just love BBs, this would be my third (7105T, 8900) if I get one...
    I was a 7 year Sprint user and it was VERY tought to decide to switch, but I'm glad I did. Granted I like Sprint's prices better, but that has nothing to do with the Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 02:18 PM
    I have found that it is the absolute BEST blackberry, and best phone I have ever owned.
    Ditto. After week of using it, I don't think I could ever use another Blackberry WITHOUT a touch screen interface. OS6 is just that effortless. Everything about it so far is just soooo well thought out and easy to use.

Now I've just got to get a screen protector before I drop this beauty.
    08-20-10 02:23 PM
    It 's amazing the looks I get for my Torch when people see a touchscreen/slider BB.
    08-20-10 02:28 PM
    I totally agree. There is not a perfect operating system and I'm sure RIM is working on all the issues with OS 6. The reason why so many complaints about the torch is because of ATT. ATT is not patient anymore, and they just want to announce the torch and get the money even when RIM is still doing the optimization. That's why ATT is the only company who is selling this slider till now. No other company has a release date yet.
    08-20-10 02:29 PM
    keep this thread going guys...people need to hear this positivity about this device. love to hear this about the torch....heep it up
    08-20-10 02:30 PM
    congratulation, for finding the right BB for you.
    08-20-10 02:33 PM
    A week into ownership and this phone really is quite a step up in my eyes.
    08-20-10 02:34 PM
    /agree on this

And just to follow up with the original poster. I really thought the 3 input methods were overkill, but RIM did an incredible job integrating the touchscreen, trackpad, and keyboard. There had to be an incredible amount of work to get all of that to work seamlessly!
    08-20-10 02:40 PM
    If you are thinking of jumping ship dont think do it!!! I switched from Tmobile and I could not be more happy!!! The torch is a beautiful device.
    08-20-10 02:43 PM
    I honestly expected a lot of bashing from my post...still holding my breath. So I was pleasantly surprised to see all the positive posts. Thanks everyone for reading and posting!

PS.. I completely agree with the early adoption theory. It comes with some risk.
    08-20-10 02:50 PM
    I guess I'll start off the bashing. I'm totally going back to my Storm2. If fo no other reason that I would no longer have to type emails longer than 10 words (that's the max you go before throwing the Storm2 at the wall by the way).

Yes I'm kidding, I am really enjoying this device.
    08-20-10 03:41 PM

Great post!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 03:48 PM
    Glad to see some more positive posts. Hope the phone comes to USCellular.
    08-20-10 04:19 PM
    Having a long line of BBs in my past, and being a relatively hard business user, I can tell all you 'fence-sitters' that this is an amazingly slick device!

Yeah, there are some odd first-generation occurrences that will get lots of noise on the boards, but you need to temper it with those of us who are so pleased with our new devices, we aren't posting anything! So, I thought I'd pipe up and make some noise with the rest of this thread, letting you know that this device is one to enjoy, well designed and rock solid. The feel, the UI, the neat new actions it performs are all quietly impressive. No need to SHOUT when the quality and engineering is done right. Picked mine up on launch day and have been truly impressed with each new capability I learn. Well done BB!
    08-20-10 04:48 PM
    If you are thinking of jumping ship dont think do it!!! I switched from Tmobile and I could not be more happy!!! The torch is a beautiful device.
    I totally agree.

For the ship-jumping whiners and fence sitters, please select the link below.

08-20-10 04:56 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD