which totally fascinates me because I don't care for their smartphones. Dumbphones were great!!!!
    08-17-10 02:15 PM
    which totally fascinates me because I don't care for their smartphones. Dumbphones were great!!!!
    I was given a Nokia E71 when I was in Hong Kong. It's a very nice phone. Excellent build quality.
    08-17-10 02:19 PM
    Really?!?!? You know, it's never called out to me....I've used a lot of smartphones, but not one Nokia....
    08-17-10 02:21 PM
    I dunno I think it's just more realistic to realize that the 9800 wasn't as successful as RIM had hoped.

As for me, I have a lot of little complaints of the device but I love it all the same and I don't regret leaving my iPhone for it.
    08-17-10 02:23 PM
    For revenue though, iPhone has outsold Blackberry by a very large margin, close to double.
    APPLE F3Q10
    Recognized revenue from iPhone handset sales, accessory sales and carrier payments was $5.33 billion during the quarter

RIM F3Q10
    Additionally, revenue climbed 24 percent tο $4.24 billion іn thе three months during the quarter.

Not bad on either side, Not the double you claimed but still. Both companies are doing fine. This is like the Apple death knoll all over again.
    08-17-10 02:24 PM
    Really?!?!? You know, it's never called out to me....I've used a lot of smartphones, but not one Nokia....
    You don't see many in NA. If you go to Asia though, you see them everywhere. My favorite regular phone was a Nokia 8800. Crappy battery life, but it was sooooooooooooooo nice. I paid almost a $1000USD for that thing.
    08-17-10 02:24 PM
    APPLE F3Q10
    Recognized revenue from iPhone handset sales, accessory sales and carrier payments was $5.33 billion during the quarter

RIM F3Q10
    Additionally, revenue climbed 24 percent tο $4.24 billion іn thе three months during the quarter.

Not bad on either side, Not the double you claimed but still. Both companies are doing fine. This is like the Apple death knoll all over again.
    RIM's revenue of 4.24B is from ALL revenue. Their revenue from phone sales is around 3.3B.
    08-17-10 02:25 PM
    Nokia typically doesn't sell their flagship devices in the US. Back in the day.. when the n95 was the prime definition of the EVERYTHING phone lol.
    08-17-10 02:26 PM
    I fail to see the point in arguing over sales numbers as they don't affect the average consumer in any way unless they have stock in said companies. Just really a pizzing match. Does it matter to me or most of us here whether 100 or 1 million Torches were sold in the first weekend? of course not. I got mine, it works flawlessly and that's all that matters to me or any average consumer. As long as their device works for them, how many were sold or will sell is totally irrelevant.
    08-17-10 02:32 PM
    Nokia typically doesn't sell their flagship devices in the US. Back in the day.. when the n95 was the prime definition of the EVERYTHING phone lol.
    OMG, that must have been around the time I was lugging my Siemens SCX66!!!! I LOVED that thing beyond all reason!!!
    08-17-10 02:36 PM
    LOL. You win! You're an economic wiz. Neverming that those a the actual iPhone revenue numbers from their iPhone business and all RIM does is smartphones so it's a perfectly fair comparison including sales, carrier payments and accessories. You win, RIM is irrelevant in this market now. Apple will dominate all!

RIM's revenue of 4.24B is from ALL revenue. Their revenue from phone sales is around 3.3B.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 02:37 PM
    LOL. You win! You're an economic wiz. Neverming that those a the actual iPhone revenue numbers from their iPhone business and all RIM does is smartphones so it's a perfectly fair comparison including sales, carrier payments and accessories. You win, RIM is irrelevant in this market now. Apple will dominate all!
    A very large portion of RIM's revenue comes from BES and BES CALs. Accessories and carrier kickbacks are probably very similar for both.

As for Apple, no, they won't win. Android will eventually win out. Sadly, iPhone will probably become a niche market too. The history of tech has been such that open systems almost always win out over closed systems, especially if price is involved. Look at VHS over Beta, PC over Mac. Give it another decade and open source might beat out MS Office. A couple decades more, especially if China and India get into it, Windows might lose out to Linux.
    08-17-10 02:47 PM
    Oh, here's another genius. I'm switching to the iPwn, you've all convinced me. Then I'm coming back here to prove how superior I am for having the iDevice! My life will be complete.
    Last edited by xandermac; 08-17-10 at 03:06 PM.
    08-17-10 03:03 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD