I tested two 9800's today at two different stores (trying to see which one will get my business Thursday), and on both phones I was pleased with the performance and when I went to check, there was quite a bit that was open and needed to close down.

I never did a battery pull on either phone.

I do know though with my Bold/9000, it is quite sluggish after a battery pull. I know it scans the memory card which makes it sluggish, but not sure what else.

But overall, I liked the 9800. I was answering questions about it in the store and tried to get the sales people to sell it to me early, but their shipment isn't coming in until "late Wednesday." Pfft....
    08-10-10 07:14 PM
    I posted the same findings comparing it to my 9000 and got blasted a few days ago. I checked all 4 phones in the store.

I never saw lag scrolling from the home screens left/right and such, but open up crackberry or engadget or worse open both at the same time. When you swipe your finger up or down on the screen it does not scroll smoothly. My wifes Captivate will smoothly go from top to bottom in one quick swipe, the Torch basically spit down the page, not smooth at all.

Only way I found to slide the screen up with one hand was put my thumb nail in the crack and push up or I would hit those buttons too.

Still wish it had video out on the 3.5 jack.
    08-10-10 07:21 PM
    Like it's been said before, not a device for everyone. I tested it earlier at the AT&T store today and loved it! Was fast, no lag, the browser was quite good IMO.

Surprisingly, the keyboard was much better than I expected.

So I'm looking forward to my new purchase on Thursday, I only speak for myself
    08-10-10 07:33 PM
    If I have to check memory and all kinds of settings to ensure the device doesn't lag then it's a crappy device or software. No one has time for that crap. I want my device to run the same all the time. Don't have time for maintenance like it's a PC.
    08-10-10 09:14 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD