It's been over a year since I tasted the Blackberry juice, but I'm happy to say that today, with my purchase of a Torch, I returned to the fold. I had a chance to play with one at the ATT store, and also try out an Android Captivate and an iPhone 4...all excellent phones in their own way. But I kept coming back to the little Torch. I liked the way it felt and was pleasantly surprised with the combination of a touch screen and slide out keyboard. I really like having the choice of using the screen or the physical keyboard, or even the little pad for navigating and selecting items. As I remember, choice was a big part of the attraction of the BB for me, originally. So, if you're feeling attracted...give it a try. I think you'll be very surprised.

As to my needs...well we won't get into all that, except, I would appreciate recommendations for some of the best apps that work well on the Torch. I've kinda been out of touch for a while.
    TIA
    08-25-10 05:46 PM
    Just my two cents on this, but I've found less of a need to add applications with the Torch (versus my previous Bold 9000) due to the fact of all the apps that come pre-loaded. With Instant Messaging apps, as an example, there's no need to go out and struggle with getting AIM, Yahoo Messenger, GTalk and Windows Live Messenger installed seperately. Same goes for Facebook and Twitter. The RSS feeds through Social Media eliminates the need for me to go and grab Viigo (though I still may). I'm pretty pleased with the compliment of preloaded apps on the Torch.

Honestly, Ive always tended to install a decent weather app, but was pretty pleased with Weather Channel free app that came on the Torch. I did get Weatherbug as well.
    08-25-10 06:05 PM
    Thanks. I'll make sure to completely check out the included apps before ordering.
    08-25-10 06:15 PM
    Hey welcome back and good to hear you are enjoying the Torch. Nice to hear positive feedback.
    08-25-10 06:19 PM
    Google Maps... Bank of America App.. Poynt..
    i wish there's a working E bay app already
    08-25-10 06:49 PM
    Google Maps... Bank of America App.. Poynt..
    i wish there's a working E bay app already
    there is a working ebay app...i posted the link a while ago basically use the storm version of the ebay app...works perfectly...if i find the link again i'll post it...also for most apps that don't work if u use the storm versions they seem to work pretty well...even scoremobile storm app works well...good luck
    08-25-10 08:12 PM
    BerryBuzz
    Leave It On
    Poynt
    Google Maps
    ScoreMobile
    BerryWeather
    08-25-10 09:28 PM
    Stormslider (free). Great way to lock the touch screen so you don't call someone accidentally. I find that it's much more convenient than putting a password lock on it. Plus, the lock button on the top corner seems to press easily which kinda sucks.
    08-25-10 10:18 PM
    there is a working ebay app...i posted the link a while ago basically use the storm version of the ebay app...works perfectly...if i find the link again i'll post it...also for most apps that don't work if u use the storm versions they seem to work pretty well...even scoremobile storm app works well...good luck
    thanks! i really appreciate it!
    08-25-10 10:44 PM
    It's been over a year since I tasted the Blackberry juice, but I'm happy to say that today, with my purchase of a Torch, I returned to the fold. I had a chance to play with one at the ATT store, and also try out an Android Captivate and an iPhone 4...all excellent phones in their own way. But I kept coming back to the little Torch. I liked the way it felt and was pleasantly surprised with the combination of a touch screen and slide out keyboard. I really like having the choice of using the screen or the physical keyboard, or even the little pad for navigating and selecting items. As I remember, choice was a big part of the attraction of the BB for me, originally. So, if you're feeling attracted...give it a try. I think you'll be very surprised.

As to my needs...well we won't get into all that, except, I would appreciate recommendations for some of the best apps that work well on the Torch. I've kinda been out of touch for a while.
    TIA
    Welcome back to the Crack!!!
    I recommend BerryBuzz (best LED modification app) and QuickLaunch.
    And make sure to use the app store here at CrackBerry or MobiHand (same store) for any paid app as the account stays with you and not the device and they're customer service is excellent
    08-25-10 10:48 PM
    Welcome back.
    08-26-10 12:39 AM
    Glad your back to the Blackberry group, Mountainberry!
    08-26-10 01:05 AM
    welcome back. when i read the thread title, i thought that you were talking about the joy of returning your torch. glad to see thats not the case
    08-26-10 02:11 AM
    welcome back. when i read the thread title, i thought that you were talking about the joy of returning your torch. glad to see thats not the case
    Thanks to all for your help. and...actually...the joy came in returning my (don't say it!)...iPhone 4.
    08-26-10 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD