Hi There,

I purchased a BlackBerry Torch, it has been 2 months & i currently get an error called as Java.Lang.IndexOutofboundsException when i try to access my Text Message box window in the desktop. All other user functionalities work.What do i do ?

Thanks,
    Ajit
    12-25-10 12:27 AM
    Have you downloaded any new apps recently before this started happening?
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 12-25-10 at 12:37 AM.
    12-25-10 12:33 AM
    I just spend 6 hours trying to solve this problem. Finally found and fixed it. First go to the main "message" icon. go to "view folder" go to "sms inbox" this will bypass all the rest of the stuff. All the message will show on there. Delete the one that is causing the problem and your blackberry will work as new again. It is just that easy. I was banging my head against the wall for 6 hours with Rogers and Blackberry but could not solve this until I try this myself. Good luck to everybody. Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by reyox; 12-25-10 at 09:54 PM.
    12-25-10 09:48 PM
    Your fix doesn't work; I'm experiencing this problem but I'm unable to get into the list of messages to delete the offending one.
    12-31-10 08:19 PM
    ..But I found another work around, and it was YOUR post that gave me hope!

I suspected who the person was that SMS'd me the message that caused the error, so I went into the address book and pulled up that contact; from there I hit options, selected text message (OS 6) and was able to get into our conversation history; I deleted the last message that came through, and sure enough, it started working again!
    12-31-10 08:29 PM
    omg! i def did what reyox said and it WORKED! it took every bit of 60 seconds to fix it and now im back in action!...
    02-14-11 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD