This don't even go down to what your kids use....we as a forum and other BB forums are such a small percentage of users....Sometimes I read all the negativity on here about bb and how they are failing and will eventually close shop....not going to happen as most people don't care to learn everything about their phones....simple as that, rather it is email, texting, BBMing or getting on the net or god forbid using it as a phone...we forum people are such a small %....

With that said, I still prefer my so called outdated BB...and I have wants and needs, but apparently not as much as others...maybe I am getting old or I realize in the end this is just a phone and rather not use it much outside of work...rather play with the kids, puppy, talk with the wife, go somewhere...my phone is not the bees knees...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 03:34 PM
    Cancer "jokes" removed.
    08-11-10 03:40 PM
    OMG!!! You mean live life?!?!! How deliciously decadent of you!!!

Puppy? New puppy? I've got a new puppy too! Golden retriever. My SAR dog died, so I'm training a new one.
    08-11-10 03:42 PM
    What happened to the be-all end-all 8900 you couldn't do without???? How's that trackpad working for ya? able to master Brickbreaker yet?
    What happened to leaving this forum?
    08-11-10 03:42 PM
    Hi Qbnelt.

Hey, m'luv!!!! Look at me, stopped in to check on the 9800 and pick up some peripherals ahead of time and fell riiiiight into the old boxing match aaaalllll over again!!!!!

How are you?!?! Mmmmwwwwuuuaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    08-11-10 03:45 PM
    Thread OT. Closed.

08-11-10 03:48 PM
    In my clan, only my 18 year old nephew and my 22 year old niece were hold outs for a Blackberry. Everyone else in the family - and I mean everyone else in the immediate family - was on Blackberry. When it was his turn to get his own device and get off his mum's plan he picked a Blackberry. Reason he gave? BBM. All his friends - by his word, ALL his friends - were on BBM. And according to him, were likely to remain so.

They could not give a flying fig what the specs are. They care that they are able to communicate with each other, easily, instantly. Inexpensively. They don't sit around and play games on their devices, they have lives...cars, boats, river, beach...LIVES. NONE of them are on this forum. None of their friends' friends are on this forum. They're young kids, they're out LIVING LIFE and not caring one iota about the RIM/Android/iPhone wars. And their parents? Executives and middle to upper professionals who could not care one flying fig about how many apps you can get, they care about either the bottom line in their businesses or - living in DC - about achieving their GS-15, SES or higher SES grades so they can make their highest three year salary so they can retire. They don't care about specs or apps.

You know who cares about specs in my circle of friends, family and acquaintances? The geeks like me in the IT departments.

And this geek chooses a 9800.
    Well said! And nice to see you agin.....*cough, cough*.....
    What happened to leaving this forum?
    Weeeellll, you see, I did....shut down, walked out, said goodbye, asked to have my account deleted....seems it's not that easy....

then I decided to get the 9800 'cuz I need a new Blackberry like I need a hole in the head and stopped by because this *is* a great place for apps, wallpapers, cradles, etc...and I started snooping around and I saw the same familiar fights that I'd gotten so disgusted over and guess what....I'm refreshed.....

so.....I'm back....miss me much? no?
    You're lucky you weren't here when this phone went official. Everyone and their dogs were jumping on the slider hating bandwagon.

08-11-10 03:49 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD